Baggage car build

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


ZimDalf

Member
This is the first wood rolling stock kit I am doing in HO scale. It is a Le Belle Woodworking Company kit of a open platform baggage car.
 


Looking really good.
I have built the Combine car from LaBelle.
These kits do turn out really nice.

What trucks are you planing to use?
 
Thanks! Not sure about trucks yet. What ones did you use Waltr?

As for painting I'll pass that bridge when I come to it.
 
The trucks were from Eastern Car Works, P.O. Box L624, Langhorne PA 19047
#9010, Pennsylvania 2C-P1 with a 7' wheelbase.
One reason I ask is that I don't think they are still in business.
The wheels are 36" metal from Inter-mountain.

I have a bag from Roundhouse marked "HO Passenger trucks, 02936, Wood beam" but have no idea where these got to. I remember buying them however. Again I don't think these are still made.
 
I just ordered The Bethlehem Car Works 7 foot wheelbase trucks. I don't know much about trucks but they look fine to me! Anyway they aren't super liner trucks, and I'm freelance, so I'll be happy even if anyone says technically they not right for those cars! :)
 
Nice to see another wood kit builder. Looking forward to seeing how your combine turns out. It's looking good, so far.
 


Both Bethlehem Car Works and Bitter Creek Models sell many versions of early passenger and freight car trucks.
 
OOPS! sorry about that. I read Waltr's post by mistake. These are great kits. I have a dozen of them waiting to get built, so will be watching this thread to see how everything goes.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top