Bachmann Parts??

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Railrunner130

Well-Known Member
I recently purchased some replacement parts directly from Bachmann. A package showed up within a reasonable amount of time, but it didn't quite look right. I opened it to find out that it was someone elses' order. Judging from the note I found with the invoice, it was a replacement for something that had been previously missed. So, a call to Bachmann and three working days later a call tag appeared. Three more working days later and the parts I had ordered finally arrived.

Upon closer inspection, the replacement wheels I had purchased for my 0-6-0 were not correct. The gear was on the wrong axle. Additionally, I found a cracked axle. It was exactly what I was trying to replace!

So, I looked at the wheel and axle set for the 4-8-4J. Same deal. The gear won't work, but I'm not sure if it's the correct axle or not and at least one of the axles is cracked.

Has anyone had similar experiences with Bachmann, or am I just having bad luck?
 
I bought a bunch of geared diesel axles from them for F-7 (or 9, I don't remember). About a fourth of them came with cracked gears. I called Bachman to inform them and they said they'd send replacements. About 3 weeks later, I got them. One of that bunch was cracked.

These were N Scale.

Herman
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I called them on Friday. I assume they didn't answer/respond because they were understandably closed for the holiday.

I'm going to call again tomorrow and see what happens.
 


I called a few more times before I actually spoke with someone and gave them my info. I think the Parts person was on vacation. I was told that I'd get a call, which never came. A few days later, a duplicate of my order showed up. I didn't even open the plastic bags this time. The axles were cracked on the 0-6-0 and the 4-8-4J seemed to be in better shape than the previous set. The gears are still in the wrong spot.

I wonder if they have a Quality Control department?
 
I received "used" parts from for a steam loco that needed repairs. I contacted Bachman and they said they never supply "used" parts. Wrong. Also, I needed one handrail stanchion and I must order a complete boiler kit for just one stanchion. A $40.00 parts assembly.

My two cents worth.

Greg
 
I looked up Bachmann Corporate earlier. The only thing listed are Parts and Service Departments. They obviously have problems that the Parts Department isn't capable of fixing. Perhaps I'll call the 800 number and see how far I can get.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top