Bachmann N-scale TurboTrain

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


StratCatGenius

New Member
Hello folks,

Just curious about the approximate value of an original 1969 4-piece set in green plastic flip-top box (1 power unit, 2 cars, 1 unpowered end unit) lettered for CN.

It WAS all original (my 4-year old decided to do some exploring where he wasn't supposed to today and SHREDDED the outside cardboard cover - needless to say I was not too happy).

Can't really find anything on fleaBay or elsewhere.

:confused:Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
GENE
 
I'll mostly agree with Vato......except that particular item was a very limited release, so you might find an "odd and unusual" collector that would have some interest......unfortunately the ruined box probably threw that out the door. The TurboTrain was a real disaster as far as a running model, so there would be almost no interest from anyone looking something to run on the layout. It also was pretty crappy as far as detail, so there wouldn't even be much interest in buying it to sit on a siding for decoration. Your best bet would be to stick it on Ebay and hope a few people who don't know what they're bidding on get into a bidding war. I've seen them on Ebay from time to time, but never paid any attention.
 


May I chime in here ....I have found out that Bachmann, at least the older stuff, before they had to do Spectrum, or Plus, really, really was for the most part junk.
In my recent discovery of my N scale, I unpacked many a Bachamnn item
and now I know why I had so much trouble with them, they were so poorly
made, badly designed, that they are only good for kids who do not know how to handle a Kato or an Atlas. I am going to clean out all the old Bachamnn and
do just what was suggested, put it on E-Bay cheap and try to get rid of it.
I am sure I will get very little for it, and maybe someone can use it to
teach the future N scaler how to hold and run this small stuff. And if it gets dropped, no loss because it is early Bachmann, anyways, I'm done.

fatalxsunrider43
 
Got a few older B-mann, Atlas, Roco, and Con Cor! I keep them to use as this is where the hobby was and show the new stuff this is where the hobby is! I think n scale has benifited the most in the last twenty years than any other scale! I can only imagine the next twenty!
 
For a value? Maybe $10. They were horrible when new, and time has not been their friend.
 
Hello folks,

Just curious about the approximate value of an original 1969 4-piece set in green plastic flip-top box (1 power unit, 2 cars, 1 unpowered end unit) lettered for CN.

It WAS all original (my 4-year old decided to do some exploring where he wasn't supposed to today and SHREDDED the outside cardboard cover - needless to say I was not too happy).

Can't really find anything on fleaBay or elsewhere.

:confused:Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
GENE

Do you still have the set? Might be interested if you do!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top