Attaching detail parts?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


GM&O Fan

New Member
Guys, what do you prefer to attach small detail parts (hatches, window shades, etc) to loco shells or rolling stock? AC, model cement, walthers Goo, etc etc?
 
Guys, what do you prefer to attach small detail parts (hatches, window shades, etc) to loco shells or rolling stock? AC, model cement, walthers Goo, etc etc?

If Styrene, I prefer a liquid base cement, and if metal, I'll use CA, AC, ACC, superglue, what ever you want to call it.
 


Yep I just CA Super Glue for all the detail parts. I like using the gel superglue because its not so runny. I squirt some on a piece of styrene, then use tweezers to grab the part, then dip it into glue.
 
With any glue, it only works if it has the parent material to adhere to i.e., if there's paint on the surface (e.g.window shades on the sides of cabs, MU hoses) you need to scrape a bit off on both attachment points, otherwise you're just sticking the paint together.
 
With any glue, it only works if it has the parent material to adhere to i.e., if there's paint on the surface (e.g.window shades on the sides of cabs, MU hoses) you need to scrape a bit off on both attachment points, otherwise you're just sticking the paint together.


Very good. Thanks!
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top