Atlas vs Tomar Signal Kits

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


tjdean

New Member
Could anyone compare the Atlas #236 type G signal kit vs the Tomar H836 type G signal with the logic rail SA-1 signal animator? I know the logic rail uses a photo cell detector & has complete hookup instructions online. Can't find any instructions for the Atlas signal. Just wondering if one is superior to the other or easier to hook up.
 
I recall reading that Atlas signals are wired differently then most signals. Common cathode when most are common anode...I think.

It looks like the SA-1 works with common anode signals. So I wonder if the Atlas signals work with the SA-1?

Oh and I think you mean Tomar H855 for their comparable single head type G signal.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top