ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi everyone, I am looking for an Atlas HO Scale Conrail Quality Dash8-40CW, I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find one, and Atlas said that they are out of stock in their store. Does anyone know where I could find one? Here is a picture: http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hodash840cw/0507/9675_TQ.jpg
The Conrail Historical Society sells them as well. You'll have to contact them for availability though since it seems like they've changed their site since I last checked.
Did Atlas make a 8-40CW in a version other then the Conrail one? Also, were they available as DC only? I find that the QSI sound really isnt all that realistic in mine. I have a soundtraxx decoder to put in it that I think will make it more realistic. Lok sound supposedly has the best one from what I read, with the proper compressor sound and the rest of it all...
Yes and yes. The Conrail and ex-Conrail (NS and some CSX) version had the cab headlight. The other version (CSX, BNSF, UP) has the nose headlight. Atlas Master Gold had sound. Atlas Master Silver has an 8-pin socket to install your DCC decoder of choice, or you can run it on DC if you leave the plug in the socket.
You'll need a Dash 9 cab for that. Two of them were wrecked and GE replaced the cabs with two NS Dash 9 cabs they had on hand. After the CR split, CSX got one and NS got one.
You'll need a Dash 9 cab for that. Two of them were wrecked and GE replaced the cabs with two NS Dash 9 cabs they had on hand. After the CR split, CSX got one and NS got one.
I know I want to model cr 6192. I have pics of that unit in West Springfield. Also I have seen a unit with the marker lights replace with reg lights too. I am just trying to do something different. lol
Ok, thanks guys. I was in a hobby store today and saw some Bachman units.. and they looked pretty good. Just wondered if they made a leep forward or something. I'm planning on doing an Ex-Conrail unit lettered for CN but still in blue.. Stone