Atlas Forum

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


LOL im going to have to look for some of these threads and read them, they sound like they could be interesting. Of coarse then I will have to hold myself back from jumping in and bringing a thread back from the dead and stirring the fire up all over again so maybe I wont :D

Wont be able to as most of them are locked, LOL.
 
Dare I mention another forum on Model Railroad Forums :D, but could anyone help me out? I registered for the Atlas Forum this morning and am still not able to post or login. I sent an email to the forum and have not heard back from anyone either. I didnt get a welcome email or any other email containing a link to click to confirm the account or anything.

Anyone else had any problems registering with the forum? i never thought to register over there before, clicked a link today and said "why not join this forum too" lol. If someone here is a member over there, would you mind contacting one of the mods over there to see whats up with the status of my account? As on every forum, my username I registered over there is the same here; Trucklover

Thanks in advance for anyones help

I tried to register over there like a month ago, and had the same problem. If I go on the site, it even remembers my user name and password, but if i press the login button, it says they're incorrect. And when I tried to make the account again with the same info, it tells me that name is already taken (which it is...by me.....). No response back either. Strange.
 


I've been a member there for years and years. But I haven't logged on there for about two years, as most of what they have discussed is modern and I don't do modern. There wasn't enough discussion of steam and its various eras to keep my interest pegged. Plus it seemed that if you didn't model they same way as the others did, you got dissed. I made a comment one time over there about how I had come across a RTR car in my collection and how it was the only RTR that I had at the time.

A big discussion followed as to how I needed to get with the program and start getting a lot more RTR or I "really couldn't enjoy what MRing was all about!" One thing I have never done is tell someone, that the way they are pursuing the hobby is not up to an imagined standard, or isn't correct. It seems that they have done it a lot. Needless to say, I'm no longer active there. I did test my old login and surprisingly, it still worked.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a member of the ATLAS forum since the days it was just a general interest railroad modeling forum.I can tell you that as bad as the HO forum gets there have been other forums that were a lot worse.

A bit of advise for anybody on any forum "ignore the know it all,my way is the only way" socalled modelers.You will find them on all forums at some point in time.

The only way to shut them up is to ignore them.
 
here is a good one BILLBO with 3400 posts asked about pa-1/Pb-1 in d&h paint
then JOEBLOW said xxxx makes them BILLBO asked who is xxxx
and this is the snide reply from somebody with 36 posts

If yu have to ask, perhaps you're not qualified to own them?
Manufacturers sites have the pictures of their 'sets'. If you can use Atlas forums, surely you can find this basic answer for yourself at Kato or the better e-tail web sites, or eB___?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE: "other forums that were a lot worse"

Yeah. Try some of the automotive ones someday.

I join the Atlas forum in 2001 and I can say believe it or not its not as bad as it once was..I can remember when there was 2-3 brawls going on in the HO,N Scale and DCC forums and these would last days before they died out on their own..

IIRC they shut the forum down twice because of the brawls.
 
I join the Atlas forum in 2001 and I can say believe it or not its not as bad as it once was..I can remember when there was 2-3 brawls going on in the HO,N Scale and DCC forums and these would last days before they died out on their own..

IIRC they shut the forum down twice because of the brawls.

Fighting online is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still a :eek::o
 
The HO Traction group on Yahoo has to take the cake as the most anal bunch I've run into. (I can't imagine anyone on here is part of that crowd) For such a small interest group they sure don't make one want to get involved with them. As for having a passing interest in trolleys and interurbans, these guys are just too into details that I don't even comprehend. That Philly and Boston had different bell housings doesn't matter to me (life or death for them)

That's why I hang out here, none of that nonsense or attitude. But if one needs that type of info, people will help you out
 


Thanks guys

After an all too long absence on this forum I'm back. After reading the posts on this thread I realize why I only need to be a member of this forum. Some of the posts really give me a smile as I have been needing one for some time now. No my layout is not faster, cooler, more prototyical, neater or anything along that line. It still, however, is mine all mine and I know I can come here anytime and be accepted even if I ask a newby question. I'll always be a newby because there will always be something of genuine interest here. A lot of great folks willing to help out in a non judgemental fashion. Well, that's my 2 cents, back to the roadbed project I plan to finish this week.

Dennis
 
Gary said;

That's why I hang out here, none of that nonsense or attitude.

Gary, you are so right on that one! And I'll give our moderators a lot of credit -- when a troll does show up, they (and their wicked messages) get booted pretty darned quickly!

Oh, Gary, and by the way... on that last project of yours... your work showed rivets that were cast in Pittsburgh -- you should have used the ones that were cast in Gary, Indiana. They're more appropriate for the era you're modeling. (I won't even to into the brand of rivet gun that was used to apply them... (sigh) Just thought you ought to know! ;) :D

Happy Railroading!!

Regards,
Tom
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The HO Traction group on Yahoo has to take the cake as the most anal bunch I've run into. (I can't imagine anyone on here is part of that crowd) For such a small interest group they sure don't make one want to get involved with them. As for having a passing interest in trolleys and interurbans, these guys are just too into details that I don't even comprehend. That Philly and Boston had different bell housings doesn't matter to me (life or death for them)

That's why I hang out here, none of that nonsense or attitude. But if one needs that type of info, people will help you out

Really? I belong over there, and I have not found them snarky or rude. Granted they are very into their niche, and a few of them have issues with each other, but you can go on there and ask just about any question on traction operations, or equipment and get a good answer. They're not a bad bunch. I've been on lists where I asked a question and was told: You need to buy this book, your answer is in there. Now that's snarky ;)
 
Really? I belong over there, and I have not found them snarky or rude. Granted they are very into their niche, and a few of them have issues with each other, but you can go on there and ask just about any question on traction operations, or equipment and get a good answer. They're not a bad bunch. I've been on lists where I asked a question and was told: You need to buy this book, your answer is in there. Now that's snarky ;)

Well, they are pretty tough on the manufacturers over there. Granted, it's a good thing to be correct but it appears that equipment differed from one operator to the next and it seems they want one of everything. I can't imagine that if they built that number of variations they would get enough sales per item.

I am certainly no expert on traction and to learn is one reason I joined the group, to learn. I'm afraid I just don't get a lot out of their discussions. :(

Tom - I've never applied rivets to anything and my era is the second half of the twentieth century, give or take twenty years.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,

I was just pulling your leg... trying to be funny. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... was trying to imitate a "super-duper nit-picker"! :D

Regards,
Tom
 
Well, they are pretty tough on the manufacturers over there. Granted, it's a good thing to be correct but it appears that equipment differed from one operator to the next and it seems they want one of everything. I can't imagine that if they built that number of variations they would get enough sales per item.

Some of them were pretty tough on ConCor, and there are two guys on that list that have companies that make kits, detail parts, and decals. It's all in understanding the community I guess. There has been a thread or two on this forum about the lack of enough RTR HOn3 stuff. Probably true. Now these guys have even less than RTR available to them than the HOn3 community does, so you have a bunch of scratchbuilders, resin kit builders and so forth who get really excited at a product announcement, then feel let down by shortcomings in the model. That particular phenomonon is not limited to the traction community. Just take a spin around the Yahoo Steam Era Freight Car list, and you'll see what I'm talking about. :). Like you, I don't think a model has to be perfect. That's pretty much impossible when you think about reducing something to 1/87th or 1/220th of it's original size. I'm also surprised that some manufacturers are offering so many variations of a basic model, like the F-7's for example. We're getting spoiled and expect that in everything I suppose.
 
there also good for the 4 year old dead thread revival. but that seems to
happen on all forums. there was a thread about plywood somewhere
that had a 3 year gap it posts somebody felt they needed to reply with
"ya i like wood too"

Beavis and Butthead discover model trains. Heh heh heh heh hmm...He said wood.
 


It's now been over 2 weeks since I signed up for the Atlas forum. Still can't get in:(. Seems thier moderator or whomever sets up new accounts is asleep at the wheel.
Meanwhile, I found what I needed from other sources, so I ask you,
who needs em? :confused:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top