ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Dare I mention another forum on Model Railroad Forums , but could anyone help me out? I registered for the Atlas Forum this morning and am still not able to post or login. I sent an email to the forum and have not heard back from anyone either. I didnt get a welcome email or any other email containing a link to click to confirm the account or anything.
Anyone else had any problems registering with the forum? i never thought to register over there before, clicked a link today and said "why not join this forum too" lol. If someone here is a member over there, would you mind contacting one of the mods over there to see whats up with the status of my account? As on every forum, my username I registered over there is the same here; Trucklover
I've tried to register twice now, once a few months ago and then again yesterday. I've never heard a peep from them either way about approving my account. Oh well there are a bunch of very opinionated people , to the point that its almost annoying, on that forum so I guess it's no big loss. Read any thread on graffiti, or weathering and you're head might explode with what some of their members have to say.
Forget Atlas, those people are the biggest a--holes on the internet. You'll regret it. NOTHING makes those guys happy, they stay perpetually miserable.
I did do some reading as a guest for a little while today and i did think that some of the guys over there are very opinionated, especially for disliking Athearn... Well, if they do approve me then I guess ill try and make myself known over there, if I dont get approved then i guess ill leave it at that lol
I would urge some caution about sweeping generalizations that disparage an entire membership on a forum. It doesn't do anybody any good, and doesn't do good for this forum's membership to let such comments stand.
Hey, I'm on there... does that make me an opinionated a-hole? How about the other people on these forums who are also over there?
The membership moderator is lazy. He deletes all of the registrations instead of picking through them as he's supposed to do (to approve the real people and to leave out spammers). I sent them an email through the Contact Us page and they let me in.
Although very opinionated and slightly less friendly than MRR forums, I find that the posts are good reading and are filled with info. (Although I highly doubt that the new Bachmann GP9 is as great as they said it was)
I have tried several times to join the Atlas group and failed to make it. I know that they require you to make some settings and I didn't feel I should have to do so as no one else requires that. As several say, they are of a different mind set. If you are an experienced modeler and feel comfortable with the amount of disdane they will throw at you, join up. Myself, I don't go for the way they interact, but I do drop in and lurk, I just don't get involved. There are a number of nicer sites.
I'm a N scale member there and only posted a few times. BUT in my experience
i would rather post at other sites due to attitudes there...
there was a post talking about Schnabel cars so i posted my Trix car
and it was pointed out that my car was NOT a U.S. prototype (NO KIDDING)
so i posted all you have to do is replace the European truck with a span bolster
and U.S. 100t trucks and you would get a more American look. thats when attitude
flew
Im a member over there too. It took me about a month to get approved I ended up emailing one of the members that got a hold of the mod who in turn approved me. I'll see if I can find that email and let you know who to get a hold of.
I am a member...
I posted my layout trackplan and had a few very rude comments. so, I dont post there anymore. But, I still read it and check out the weekly picture thread and stuff.
You can never have too much information, it is just your job to be a responsible consumer of the information...Just like watching the news or any other form of media.
Good luck getting on the forum, I am not sure how I got on...I think I tried a few times.
I have been a member on Atlas for around 8 years and rarely post much as it only gets torn apart by the experts. That is a reason I came to this forum and got away from all the BS there. I still go there and read various threads but sometimes they are so depressing that it kind of makes you want to get out of the hobby, LOL. Just checked and I have 746 posts on Atlas from the past 6 years. I am almost close to that here in less then 2, lol. From the looks of it on Atlas some people are more worried about their total post count and post useless stuff just to be on top as I guess it makes them feel good. If you really want to stir the pot there then mention MTH or Exactrail.
The membership moderator is lazy. He deletes all of the registrations instead of picking through them as he's supposed to do (to approve the real people and to leave out spammers). I sent them an email through the Contact Us page and they let me in.
I had sent an email as well and I logged on this morning to find the "welcome email" waiting for me to activate my account. Dont know if sending an email to them had anything to do with getting an account over there or not lol
If anyone has tried to join and hasnt been successful, let me know and ill try and help.
I don't mean to go off the core topic but attitudes on various forums have always puzzled me. I surf many of the model railroad and prototype forums available. I don't always log on because I am usually just viewing and I don't post or reply much because I don't like to rehash information. I can't understand why people critisize other peoples work or ideas. This is a hobby and is meant to be enjoyed by all ages, abilities and budgets. If your not enjoying it why do it? The worst example I ever encountered was on another forum where I asked about the status of a rare locomotive. The only replys were along the lines of "They made eleven of them and six have been saved who cares about that one". Needless to say I never posted there again. We are supposed to like trains isn't that the point of this hobby? This has always been an active and and enjoyable forum and that is why I enjoy it.