Athearn 1000/1500 Diesel Locomotive

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good catch, Jerome. I've heard about the 3623, which was, I believe, the BN 330. The story is that BN had some SW-1200's with flexicoil trucks that they traded in for SW-1000's. The 330 was involved in a wreck and needed truck replacements and a pair of flexicoils were taken off one of the SW-1200's. I have no idea if that story is true but the 330 did not come with flexicoils so they came from another engine. One thing it proves for sure is that flexicoil and standard AAR switcher trucks could be swapped on the same engine with no problem.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top