Ken, it is unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. Someone pointed out that Region/Division activities vary from very active to plain-out dull, just as it happens with clubs. Also, politics is visible in some and this holds true with any organized group. Even if you don't want to be an active member or don't use or see tangible benefits, I would still encourage you and others to join NMRA and keep it alive. We need them as a representative for us and to the manufactures; otherwise we are at their mercy. (Without names, a recent example of this is when a manufacturer decided to get into HO and went their way with a non-NMRA spec on digital control that doesn't fully work with anything, but their products.) I agree that the dues is high and I admit that I don't subscribe to the magazine to keep the price low. However, I feel that NMRA is vital to the growth and development of our hobby and I will continue to support it.

