ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
G'day Hirailer...THANKS FOR THE INFO...really interesting...I re watched your video...Very nice set up...and cheaper than I thought....re wireless , not quite the same as Rail Pro of course but I bought a Bachmann Dynamis system originally..Quite complicated in comparison and battery issues for the handset..Since then I bought a base system NCE Powercab but am leaning toward the wireless PROCAB..at some stage.Certainly ease of use is better than Dynamis and Digitrax..I think a really nice feature of the Rail Pro is that the locomotives aren't especially modified to accept the Rail Pro modules and downloading the updated info is really quick...If I was going to go with a proprietary system I think this would be very highly considered...Thanks so much...Cheers Rod
...When I looked at the Railpro site, I only saw the wireless. A wired system would work for me...
RailPro is wireless only. Are you looking to go DCC or RailPro, or are you open to either? Your previous comment said DCC. RailPro and DCC are not the same thing, with DCC you do not have to go wireless but with RailPro you do.
...I know I have at least 2 engines (ok one is a brass maintenance car) that cannot take a decoder.
See below:
...
Is that maintenance car from Broadway Limited? If so, then I believe it already has a DCC decoder built in. I would also bet that the you could add a decoder to the other engine you say you can't take a decoder. Some are harder than others, but a decoder can be added to almost anything.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)