ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hey guys,
Was wondering if anyone here plays the Bass Guitar or who could listen to a song and write up the Bass Tab for it. I have searched for the Bass Tab for the particular song but it doesn't seem to exist and while I can get the sheet music, I can't read sheet music.
I haven't touched mine for ummm umm over 30 years...

Mine has only been in the closet since May, but I've never been able to write tabs for it. I tend to learn songs on it by rote memorization. I've downloaded some tabs, but they are as Greek as sheet music. I did get a "How to Read Sheet Music" course, but it too is in the closet.
Horseman,
Maybe now is the time to drag it out again then

I tend to go through spurts and spasms, will get "addicted to it" (or my other instruments) for a month then pack them away for another 6 months or so. Probably why I never worried too much about learning how to read sheet music, or just pure laziness on my part.
krn001,
Don't laugh it is an old country song by Travis Tritt called "Foolish Pride". I can send you the song if you like.
Mine has only been in the closet since May, but I've never been able to write tabs for it. I tend to learn songs on it by rote memorization. I've downloaded some tabs, but they are as Greek as sheet music. I did get a "How to Read Sheet Music" course, but it too is in the closet.
Kevin,
Reading Tabs is easy, can give you a "how to" thing if you'd like - they make learning songs very easy. In short though, when you look at the "fret board" (on/in a Tab) you'll see the four or five strings of the Bass. The numbers that appear tell you which fret to finger, for example, if you see the number "3" on the G String then you would play the G String on the 3rd fret. Each number shown (within a bar) represents 1 beat so you don't even really have to know what time the song is in.
Hope that makes sense, if not I can explain it a bit better for you.
The only bass tab I get is blowing the hooter whistle on my Y6b
(trying to make this a railroad thread failing miserably...)
It was worth a try ...

Don't laugh it is an old country song by Travis Tritt called "Foolish Pride".
Hmm, never heard that song before, and Travis Tritt could really us a hair cut. I would think the really high bass solo's would be the hardest part of the piece. Not the notes themselves but the really clean slide between them.
Hmm, never heard that song before, and Travis Tritt could really us a hair cut. I would think the really high bass solo's would be the hardest part of the piece. Not the notes themselves but the really clean slide between them.
Maybe just a trim here and there

From what I can hear, the actual Bass line isn't that complicated BUT will need to be played precisely so as to keep things clean and not sound disjointed. Playing slides can be a little tricky but have had a lot of practice playing U2 stuff. Will just be practice and timing ... simple

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)