Another Ebay moment

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


If you've got the loco, but no box, how much would you pay for this? I'd wonder about the condition of the foam. How much is the label worth, to a 'collector?' When I was to Timonium years back, there was at least one booth selling new boxes, with 'better foam,' for the 'serious collector,' who wanted to 'upgrade the protection' of his(or her) collection, 'properly.' Many of the boxes from prior to 1990, not only had bad foam, but also had 'acid producing papers' within them.
 


If you take a look at his other auctions, he has 2 more for sale. 1 for $159.00 and 1 FOR $179. Bid quick before they are all gone, guys.
 


I understand where the seller is coming from, but his bidders aren't hearing him. Look, theyve already violated rule 1!

Yeah its a shame the kind of people they let on eBay sometimes. I have had my fair share of problems that is for sure. Thankfully eBay has always sided with me.
 
The IVb Viewliners are sold out. I'd hate to have to make up a trainset at these prices ;)

I'm glad I got my Amtrak IVb baggage back when they first came out. Those too are hard to find now or are priced at double what I paid.
 
The IVb Viewliners are sold out. I'd hate to have to make up a trainset at these prices ;)

I'm glad I got my Amtrak IVb baggage back when they first came out. Those too are hard to find now or are priced at double what I paid.

Matt,
Yep I got a used iv viewliner and a ivb 73' baggage too. I'd like to have another viewliner (hence my stumble across this gem), but not at those prices...

Brad
 
Did you see the description? Sounds like this guy has had some crappy luck with bidders.

I was actually watching this one to see how high it went. It was at $450, then the next day it dropped to around what it sold for. Looks like someone got cold feet. But again, for the bid to have gone to $450, someone else made that their high bid. You'd almost be better off having a custom paint job, or even cheaper DIY.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top