another .. are they insane !!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Nobody has a gun to their head on these items of his. I would guess that, as a savvy seller, he knows what to buy and what to offer for re-sale when the time is right. He must have some success with this method because people do what they are reinforced for doing. His track record suggests he is routinely reinforced for using this model of selling models.

My guess is, he'll get more than what he lists it for, and he'll make them pay the shipping.
 


Have you seen the trains coming out soon? My wallet is going to be paper thin! MTH Big Boy, MTH Challenger, MTH GS-6, and Athearn FEF. All on my list to buy!
ahh nice but GS-6 :confused: NOT UNION PACIFIC but your doing western railroads?? still all that top of the line MTH is awesome i just hope that they really do release within the same calender year as claimed :p
 
It's the old story...if you want something bad enough, and can afford to pay the price, then it isn't "too high"! Doesn't mean everyone will go for such things, but some obviously will. (shrug)
 
ahh nice but GS-6 :confused: NOT UNION PACIFIC but your doing western railroads?? still all that top of the line MTH is awesome i just hope that they really do release within the same calender year as claimed :p

Yeah GS-6... I have a MTH Cab Forward so... Anyways, I called that guy when I was looking for my MTH big boy and asked him if he would lower his price. He said he couldn't so I said I couldn't!
 
Have you seen the trains coming out soon? My wallet is going to be paper thin! MTH Big Boy, MTH Challenger, MTH GS-6, and Athearn FEF. All on my list to buy!

BLI J Class 4-8-4, Hudson J1e 4-6-4, Santa Fe 2-10-2 in brassy hybrid style, and BLI's UP 4-12-2 (it is perpetually delayed :rolleyes:). However, BLI now has on their imminent delivery more Y6b Mallets, and my bestest fave, the Pennsy J1 2-10-4 (gawd how I love those lines). They even offer a Niagara 4-8-4 within five months or so.

Seriously, I am ssssoooooooooo broke already.
 
I wouldn't get all to excited about the BLI offerings. I'm still inclined to think that is their market research procedure that they use to determine which model will be most profitable to design and build.
Yeah, I hear the stories about ship loads of BLI models that arrive from the far east but a small inaccurate detail is discovered and the whole load has to go back. Yeah, right and pigs fly.
 
the details say its unopened. Then how did he take a picture of it?
It's a great model. I have one and love how it operates on Digitrax. One problem I do have with it is the rubber drive tire that's provided. The tire comes off the rim once in a while and gets wrapped up with the wheel and drive linkage. A swappable solid wheel is provided with the model. It operates very quiet when the sound is turned off. The synchronized smoke is great and the amount of smoke is adjustable but could be thicker. The detail marker lights are great including the interior cab and fire box lighting. Sound comes from the tender but that's not really discernible from more than a few feet away. It pulls well and looks great with a long string of mixed freight behind it.

J9000.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I think that the MTH GS-4 he has for sale has been out there for at least a couple years. I know when I would search for one it would always come up. Asking $1,000 for a model which sold for around $400 new doesnt seem fair. He also has a 8 car SP passenger set for $1000, another thing that was around $450-500 new.

The sad thing is that it seems to be working for him. I looked and he has a lot of buyers, all the items sold are marked up 30-100% from their MSRP. So there are a lot of people either who dont care or dont know what its really selling for.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top