Annoying Ads...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Before I download any program that's supposed to block ads, remove malicious software etc. I will go to Cnet.com and see what the editors say about it. If they give it a good rating, I'll try it.
 
OK. I just got the Asian women ad. Asian women aren't exactly my thing :D So I am not sure where that one is coming from. Now, if it was single country girls from here in the states, I might click the ad to help the forum out. But only to help the forum!
 
The ad I see is a website that offers free MalWare removal from sparktrust.com. I feel so privileged...

SURE! (voice of Sam Kinison) I can trust you. Oh, and here's the keys to my car too.

I had to laugh when I read that, I could hear old Sam's voice! I miss him he was truly unique and very funny!
 


Somebody just mentioned the sparktrust add. You hexed me. It's now right at the top of this page. Howjudodat! Howjudodat!
 
Watch this...

Single Asian women, single asian women, single asian women, single asian women.

LOL :D
 
I think you've hit on it, Tony. I don't object to ads, particularly when they allow me a free service, if they're relevant or at least not-totally-irrelevant. Like you, the one woman in my life is enough (perhaps more?) than I want and that nonsense is simply annoying. But when the ads are on-target and offering me a product/service of interest... I don't love 'em, but I accept 'em.

FWIW... You should shop your insurance on a regular basis. My wife is in the business, and it's nearly as complex as airline-seat pricing... But one thing is for sure... Insurance companies LOVE loyal customers who are "just set" and "not looking for a bargain" and you will pay, pay, pay for it. I review and "shop" my insurances (car, homeowners, life, etc.) every 2-3 years and I have never NOT gotten a notable drop in price... sometimes from my current insurer!
 
By kjchronister;

Like you, the one woman in my life is enough (perhaps more?) than I want[QUOTE]

Man, what we're you thinking!!!! I've been married long enough to know better than putting something like that in writing!!!! Whatever you do, DON'T let her see this!!!! Just trying to save your bacon, us guys have got to stick together!!!!:)
 
By kjchronister;

Like you, the one woman in my life is enough (perhaps more?) than I want[QUOTE]

Man, what we're you thinking!!!! I've been married long enough to know better than putting something like that in writing!!!! Whatever you do, DON'T let her see this!!!! Just trying to save your bacon, us guys have got to stick together!!!!:)

LOL. She knows my sense of humor... One of the reasons I keep her around.
 


FWIW... You should shop your insurance on a regular basis. My wife is in the business, and it's nearly as complex as airline-seat pricing... But one thing is for sure... Insurance companies LOVE loyal customers who are "just set" and "not looking for a bargain" and you will pay, pay, pay for it. I review and "shop" my insurances (car, homeowners, life, etc.) every 2-3 years and I have never NOT gotten a notable drop in price... sometimes from my current insurer!

My experiences tell me that if you happen to be a farmer and have a decent policy then shopping around for another insurance company is not a good idea. Very few insurance companies know anything about coverage for an actual working farm.= and you find out that "No, that isn't covered." is a very common answer.

As to the ads, I only get the one at the top of the page. And very few of them have anything to do with what I browse which is mostly railroads, real and model, facebook, and yahoo as well as my local tv news.
 
Of the last 12 ads I just checked one was duplicated and none of the rest have anything to do with what I browse. Part of them were for CNC mills which I have no interest in at all. :D There is probably a pool of ads that you get no matter what you do. I don't use any ad blocker but don't click on odd emails or follow strange links.
 
Of the last 12 ads I just checked one was duplicated and none of the rest have anything to do with what I browse. Part of them were for CNC mills which I have no interest in at all. :D There is probably a pool of ads that you get no matter what you do. I don't use any ad blocker but don't click on odd emails or follow strange links.

Oh! I'm wrong. I get the ads at the very bottom of the page, too. I never see those because I don't scroll that far except just now to see if there were ads there. And no, I am not looking for a new house from Century 21. :D
 
They're like the ads on TV, unless they show something that interests me, I just ignore them. (my personal inbuilt ad-blocker)
 
They're like the ads on TV, unless they show something that interests me, I just ignore them. (my personal inbuilt ad-blocker)

I ignore them also, in terms of looking at them for information or in the hope of finding a bargain that I can't live without ... which is nothing!

Ad blockers only work on those ads that come as a pop-ups, not with page embedded links to sites within banners, which these ads appear to be.
 
...Part of them were for CNC mills which I have no interest in at all. :D There is probably a pool of ads that you get no matter what you do....

Interesting. So these CNC mill ads - are they for Tormach machines? Because I was researching one and ever since doing so it is the most frequent ad. Well, it was. I just cleared my cache of temporary internet files and my browsing history and cookies. I get pretty general ads now. I am curious how long it takes for the chinese single women ad to return :p
 
I ignore them also, in terms of looking at them for information or in the hope of finding a bargain that I can't live without ... which is nothing!

Ad blockers only work on those ads that come as a pop-ups, not with page embedded links to sites within banners, which these ads appear to be.

As Bob has said, it's the only way to have a no cost to members forum, there are some forums that offer members a choice of no ads in exchange for a membership fee.
 
Ads are a fact of life these days, I guess someone must be having a great laugh at all this force fed brainwashing.

I have learned to live with them and in the case of TV I have just about worn the mute button away.

As far as forums are concerned I just ignore them however on one forum I am involved with an advert takes over the entire page which is a pain when making replies.

I guess we should just be thankful for the forums and just switch off with the adverts, after all taking notice of them is just playing into their hands
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top