Amtrak, train #30, Capital Limited delays

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Have really enjoyed following your adventure, and have a few questions ...
What kind of accommodations did you purchase?
Would you make any changes to them in the future?

Thanks,
 
Have really enjoyed following your adventure, and have a few questions ...
What kind of accommodations did you purchase?
Would you make any changes to them in the future?

Thanks,
I got regular coach, which I have done before.

Truth be told, one reason I took the train was economy. It was a lot cheaper than even driving the distance (800 miles or so) would have been, considering I no longer do the trip in a straight shot but need to stop for the night halfway. And airfares aren't as cheap as they once were. But I do enjoy the train, too.

Part 2 of my answer will have to wait, as we're about to disembark... More in a bit...

Sent from the DairyStatePhone. Typoes and bad auto corrects included at no extra charge.
 


With only minutes to spare, made the 5:05 to Wilmington


Sent from the DairyStatePhone. Typoes and bad auto corrects included at no extra charge.
 
So, part 2 of that answer. In 2013 DairyStateMom and I took Amtrak's Lakeshore Limited to NYC with one of the small sleepers. It was great. For the two of us, it was probably a little more expensive than flying, but definitely worth it. Fiscally that wasn't what I was going to spend my money on this time, especially since I am going solo. (Someone has to stay home and see DairyStateKid-M off to his Army Reserve physical Sunday afternoon.) I had thought I would pass up this HS reunion entirely, but as it drew closer, I found I really wanted to go...

Sent from the DairyStatePhone. Typoes and bad auto corrects included at no extra charge.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top