amfleet nightmare

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Amtrak47

Member
I just ruined 3 walthers amfleet II coaches with a red sharpie....Because the red pinstripe decals peeled off, and im not paying someone to repaint them -i'm not rich- so yea.....I'm out of ideas....close to tossing them in the trash....anyone have any ideas??? :(:(:(
 
One thing you can do is take some 70% alcohol, and wet a Q-tip with it, wiping gently, and very carefully, on the stripe and it should remove the sharpie ink. You don't want to press hard enough to damage the paint. Since you don't really want to throw them away, why don't you mask the area above and below the red stripe with some masking tape, or drafting tape. Then take a rattle can of cheap enamel from Wal-mart and paint it yourself? All you have to do is disassemble the model taking the windows out and then mask off the area to paint. A rattle can, in this case would be all you'd need to correct the mistake.
 
One thing you can do is take some 70% alcohol, and wet a Q-tip with it, wiping gently, and very carefully, on the stripe and it should remove the sharpie ink. You don't want to press hard enough to damage the paint. Since you don't really want to throw them away, why don't you mask the area above and below the red stripe with some masking tape, or drafting tape. Then take a rattle can of cheap enamel from Wal-mart and paint it yourself? All you have to do is disassemble the model taking the windows out and then mask off the area to paint. A rattle can, in this case would be all you'd need to correct the mistake.

That's a really good idea, thank you. But sadly, when it comes to paint, I have no talent, lol
 


I'm sure Micro-scale makes Amtrax decals - maybe not for that exact car, but I'm sure you can cut and piece it back to looking good.
 
yea, some alcohol, some retouch silver paint, some red stripes, solvaset, and FLAT CLEAR PAINT coated over the decals. ahh, throw them out and buy new if ya wanna
 
yea, some alcohol, some retouch silver paint, some red stripes, solvaset, and FLAT CLEAR PAINT coated over the decals. ahh, throw them out and buy new if ya wanna


I just threw them out, not worth saving :( But thank you everyone for your suggestions! :)
 
With all due respect, that's either foolish or modelrailroad-rockstar...You decide. Quickly, go have a pack of M&Ms but get someone to remove all the green ones. :D
 
What? He threw them in the trash? Because the paint was jacked up? And he didn't want to even try to save the paint job.

ESPN "C'M ON MAN"...........

tumblr_ln43vqaZdJ1qzab5p.png
 
I understand that sometimes we try things that don't work out but after the attempt to fix the first car failed why did you continue on with the other cars? :confused:
 


Throwing away 3 $75 passenger cars just because of a paint problem? Nice!

How about sending one to me too? I'll love to have one though I don't model passenger trains :)!


DE
 
Ok, guys lets get something correct here, th amfleets I threw out are the old crappy $20 cars, ok? I refuse to pay $75 for a phase III amfleet car, that's ridiculous! I threw them out because I've had it with them, I don't miss them!
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top