All right, "Here We Go!"

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


As for the width of the open area... To put it delicately, I'd say it depends on your waistline.

What I was getting at with the mountain idea is that it could go from 12/13 area up through 8 and 9 and into the open area. It would give you a bigger mountain and obviously more room to develop. It would take away some of your elbow room, so you might be better off exactly as you have it.
 
Let me ask a silly question-being that I'm getting to the party late. Are we talking HO or N scale? I'm guessing N.

Instead of so many 2x3 and 2x4 foot sections, how about fewer, larger, 2'x6' sections. Also, if you reduced 7-10 to a 4x6' area, you might be able to go 2.5-3 feet across the aisle, depending on how wide you wanted to make the aisle. Having even a 2.33' wide area, would give you a few more inches , and break up the monotony some. Of course it might not do much if you want to rearrange the domino's at some point.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top