ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have been just recently getting into airbrushing and really enjoying it. My question is, I use floquil paints and I was wondering what type of Gloss and Dull coat people use after airbrushing with floquil paints. Do you use the gloss or dull coat from a spray can or in your airbrush and what brand/type do you use? Also if you use a gloss and then try using decals will there be a problem of the decals adhering to the model over the gloss?
Thanks G
i use gloss and dull coats in the can. I will eventually switch to airbrushing it on this way the clear doesn't build up to heavy.
And you need the gloss on the model for the decals to adhere. It helps them "grab" onto something.
what brand of spray can Gloss and Dull coat do you use? or are any brands good such as Testors gloss enamel and dull coat? Thanks for the info.

G
Testors Glosscoat and Dullcoat. I shoot mine from the can, as I bought two bottles of Dullcoat for the airbrush and didn't like how it shot. That reminds me, I need to pick up another can of gloss.
I use Testors as well, but I shoot it from the bottle in my airbrush. Like all bottled paints, it needs proper thinning to shoot well. I have always used it thru an airbrush.
Dullcote has worked great for me. I shoot mine out of a rattle can and have not had a problem. I run the can under hot water for a minute or so to get a fine mist when spraying.
-Kevin
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)