ahh gotta love the truckers dooohhh

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Railfan, did you hear about the derailment up in Bellevue today? Officials aren't sure if it was a twister or straight line winds, but there was a line derailed, power lines, trees, etc and the Bellevue yard got tossed around a bit. My uncle works for the railroad and he said they were going to be cleaning up the yard for his entire shift.
 
Railfan, did you hear about the derailment up in Bellevue today? Officials aren't sure if it was a twister or straight line winds, but there was a line derailed, power lines, trees, etc and the Bellevue yard got tossed around a bit. My uncle works for the railroad and he said they were going to be cleaning up the yard for his entire shift.
It makes sense........so much rain, wind, thunder, flooding......tree branches down all over. The Kokosing river here looked like the ocean on wednesday instead of a creek.
 
Maybe his truck rolled forward into the track while he was searching for his crackpipe on the floor....

Wow type casting. I don't know what you do or did for a living but I sure people had crack pipes there too. All this is happened do to being in a hurry trying to beat the trains and lost. I have driven for over 20 years never needing drugs. Maybe you should try driving in his shoes before you offend someone.
 
I drive a truck quite often and I can tell you... those damn trains are always racing me to the crossings! :p
Seriously tho, people these days are always in a hurry no matter what they are driving.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I drive a truck quite often and I can tell you... those damn trains are always racing me to the crossings! :p
Right! :o:cool: That is truly funny.......and why it's important to try and see life from each persons perspective. :eek::eek::eek::cool::rolleyes:
 
t

Seriously tho, people these days are always in a hurry no matter what they are driving.
Yeah, never figured that out. One can see the red traffic light about 1/4 mile ahead already with 5-10 cars lined up at it, and people will not slow down and save gas coasting up to the line but actually pass me so they can zoom up and slam on their brakes to stop. Then the funny thing is we both get to leave the light at the same time. They "bought" absolutely nothing, didn't save any time, didn't get anywhere quicker, just used more gas and wear on their brakes.
 


Actually back to the original topic. It looks like the one train (to the left) was stopped short of the crossing. I'll guess the trucker saw the stopped train and decided to cross, not realizing there was the 2nd track. So the 2nd train got him and pinned him against the first.
 
Actually back to the original topic. It looks like the one train (to the left) was stopped short of the crossing. I'll guess the trucker saw the stopped train and decided to cross, not realizing there was the 2nd track. So the 2nd train got him and pinned him against the first.
sorta like that women in the mini van in 2008 that raced the westbound outta the mall parking lot but failed to see the eastbound ...... sad thing is this idiot had 4 kids with her
 
I'm not talking about the thread I like the thread. I'm talking about the type casting stereotyping conversation. Just a suggestion. I feel pretty relaxed.
 
I never said I want the thread to go away. I was just concerned about what I saw a an argument about to begin. None of my business and I'll never voice my opinion about these things ever again. I'll leave that to the moderators. It really surprised me that anyone thought I was showing disapproval of the thread itself. I can't seem to make myself clear on that point.:confused:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top