izelforshezel
Chugga Chugga CHOO CHOO!!
Hi there,
I don't post alot on here, but I thought this would interest some people. I volunteer everyday (in the summer) at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I work in the Education Department, developing and leading programs for school groups, researching, etc.
Anywho, the train I usually talk about on the tours (and have researched quite a bit about), the Dwight D. Eisenhower, is soon on its way to York, England to help celebrate the 75th anniversary of the World Steam Locomotive Speed Record set by the Mallard, another A4 locomotive. Of the 35 built, only 6 A4s survive today. All remaining A4s will be in York to celebrate.
I enjoyed learning about "Dwight" and sharing it with everyone.
I attached an article about it from Trains Mag.
http://trn.trains.com/en/Railroad%20News/News%20Wire/2012/07/British%20A4%20Pacific%20starts%20the%20long%20journey%20home.aspx
Anyway, I thought this is a pretty cool process.
Hope you enjoy!
View attachment 32018
I don't post alot on here, but I thought this would interest some people. I volunteer everyday (in the summer) at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I work in the Education Department, developing and leading programs for school groups, researching, etc.
Anywho, the train I usually talk about on the tours (and have researched quite a bit about), the Dwight D. Eisenhower, is soon on its way to York, England to help celebrate the 75th anniversary of the World Steam Locomotive Speed Record set by the Mallard, another A4 locomotive. Of the 35 built, only 6 A4s survive today. All remaining A4s will be in York to celebrate.
I enjoyed learning about "Dwight" and sharing it with everyone.
I attached an article about it from Trains Mag.
http://trn.trains.com/en/Railroad%20News/News%20Wire/2012/07/British%20A4%20Pacific%20starts%20the%20long%20journey%20home.aspx
Anyway, I thought this is a pretty cool process.
Hope you enjoy!
View attachment 32018
