A pair of naked ladies!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


DanRaitz

Active Member
Here is what I have been working on for the last few months. They are modeled after BN's B32-8s.
More info can be found on my thread at the Diesel Detailer forum.
http://dieseldetailer.proboards.com/index.cgi?

B32-8adc.jpg


B32-8add.jpg


B32-8ade.jpg


B32-8adf.jpg


B32-8adg.jpg


B32-8adh.jpg


B32-8adi.jpg


Enjoy, Dan
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Eye catching thread title, thought I'd have to moderate this one :D
Very nice work and presentation Dan, shows the enormous amount of detail before putting their dresses on :rolleyes:

Cheers
Willis
 


I gotta agree with Willis!..You should been a salesman..I clicked on this FIRST!!...lol..But glad I did...Awesome work! They are beauties!
 
Sweet! What are the differences between a B32-8 and a B40-8? The cab?

NS has a bunch of them and I want to model them, but no one makes a B32-8 in HO at the moment.
 
Sweet! What are the differences between a B32-8 and a B40-8? The cab?

NS has a bunch of them and I want to model them, but no one makes a B32-8 in HO at the moment.

The NS B32-8's are pretty much in B40-8 Carbodies. The B32-8's that are being built are of GE's demo units which BN tested for a while. I actually took a picture of the remains of one at the GE plant back in 2001.

6-6-20014.png
 


What are the external differences between the 40 and NS's 32s?

The D8-32B has 2 fewer engine compartment doors and has a 3' shorter bolster spacing compared to the D8-40B.

To model one you could use parts from Atlas B40-8 and D8-32BW shells and a Atlas B30-7 chassis.

Dan
 

Hi Dan,

Great job on the progress of these units! I was wondering how they turned out, but shaving been banned from the DDF, I wasn't able to follow. Anyhow, great job, and I look forward to seeing them in Cascade green at some future point!

Donnell
 
Very nice! i've long thought about going in the other direction, and kitbashing these Railpower shells into C39-8s, but i haven't quite figured that one yet.
 
Very nice! i've long thought about going in the other direction, and kitbashing these Railpower shells into C39-8s, but i haven't quite figured that one yet.

Green,

Check out Ed Ryan's 2 part article on modeling the NS C39-8 in the August and September 1993 RMC's (Railroad Model Craftsman).
Or, Ed Sanicky's article on modeling a Conrail C39-8 in the September 1992 Mainline Modeler.

Dan
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top