A Mini-Me for the In-ko-pah RR!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


One cool thing about working in 1/24th scale is that it's possible to model lifelike figures. I recently tried my hand at this, and made a few generic passenger figures. For my fourth figure, I decided to try a self-portrait. First, here's one of the pics I used as reference:

RayShilo1.jpg


Here's the unpainted figure:

w1235_2A.jpg


And here's a front view of the painted figure. I'm not sure why, but it looks better in person than it does in the photos:

w1235_4A.jpg

I think the hair on top of the head probably should have been a little taller.

Side view:
w1235_9A.jpg


And here's an example of how it will look on the layout:

w1235_15A.jpg


Eventually I plan to build a model of my Trooper, complete with miniature versions of my aerial photography rockets, and set up the figure to look like he's about to launch one of the rockets.
 
Ray, you handsome devil, you look good in 1:1 and 1:24 scale. :) I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone scratchbuild themselves. You did an outstanding job.
 


One word Ray "Fantastic"
I think the hair on top of the head probably should have been a little taller.
Not to worry, every morning as I look in the mirror I get the same feeling :D

Nice work
Cheers
Willis
 
Man you have talent, You can populate you layout with all your loved ones! That could be a cool side business:D
 
Man you have talent, You can populate you layout with all your loved ones!

I plan to do that!

At some point I might molds of my best figures so I can cast duplicates to sell. For now I still have too many original figures to make first, among other things.
 


At some point I might molds of my best figures so I can cast duplicates to sell. For now I still have too many original figures to make first, among other things.[/QUOTE]

Cool, you can get people to send pics of "yourself" all over the place.
Can you make one with a parka? :p
Great job!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top