A flat car.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nice!
I don't think they'll let you out onto the main with that bent log sticking up! :)
 
Nicely done! I like the weathering on the car. I agree with Gabe, get rid of that long bent log though. But the other logs look to scale.
 


I'd shorten the top logs, or put them on the bottom. Looks good.

One more suggestion: Next time weather the deck. I have not seen any pics of flats with painted decks. Most railroads used treated lumber, sometimes with creosote, sometimes not. You can use plain old earth tones to do this with. it doesn't have to be expensive Pulpwood flatcar decks got the crap kicked out of them pretty fast!
 
Like Alan said, you can either paint the deck like this car.

101_0438.jpg


Or you can get the lazer cut deck and weather it up a bit like this one.


100_4510.jpg
 


Wow looks great! Maybe add a few more tooth picks that heavy load looks like it could break them on a curve;).
-Art
 
Hey looking good!
When you do your next one try putting little squares of masking tape here and there.
After you weather the car pull them off and you'll have repaired patches!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top