ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Does anyone have pics of the 628-0013 Rix Switch Stand? And also how well does it work? I have 1 caboose industries groundthrow that works pretty good and then I discovered this one and from the packaging I have seen online it looks like it might look better. Thanks in advance.
I found this picture on Walthers.com.
I am shocked that there are so many web sites selling this product, yet most of them have no photo, and the two I found that did had a low quality, dark picture.
That looks like what I have seen, a picture of the a full size one. I even went to the rix website and they don't even have a photo for it. I may just end up ordering one and try it out. And yes I have found who knows how many online places selling them with no picture of the completed kit.
Aarons - did you get your Rix throws? I'm seeking a ground throw that is actuated from the points throw bar (using Tortoise machines). I've had the Caboose operating ground throws but converted to the Tort. Anyone else have any actuated ground throws either high or low stand?
Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon: These are Details West switch stands. They come as dummies, but can be made to operate.
Thanks, Grampys, I'll check into these.
Great shot!! I am amazed and inspired by your attention to the subtle details. The puddle in the road makes it very believable.
Jon
No I havent ordered them yet. I havent had much time to mess with my railroad lately. I do have caboose industries which works good but is a little to large to my likeing. I just figured at least one of us on here would have one and maybe a picture of teh actual stand.
Those details west stands look neat. To bad they are non operating.
Background building
Great shot gramps. I would like to hijack this thread for a moment. Gramps I was looking to do some building like you have in the background. Did you make them yourself?
NYC_George
Hi George: They are a combination of photos and back round buildings. The photos are Realistic Backrounds, Walthers , some I picked up at a hobby shop in St Catherines, Ont. with the sky cut off and mounted to foam board. The back round buildings are from Walthers.
DJ, I hope our originator will forgive this aside, but I think this is your best photo yet. Quite spectacular.
Sorry to intrude.
-Crandell
Just installed 3 Rix ground throws today. By the time I got to the 3rd, it only took about 20 minutes. (tip - use graphite on all the moving parts ) The pix is not the best but it may give you an idea. I see I haven't installed the throw handle :[
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)