3d Printed Buildings

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Thanks Sherrel

I 3d printed this on an Afinia home printer. The tile roof was made using the 1960's era Vac-U-Form toy over forms that I 3d printed. Design and construction details, along with some more pictures can be seen at: http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2014/06/barry-well-3d-printing-and-vac-u.html

DSC_0015.JPG
 
Yes, but I just send you a bag of 3d printed parts. They are craftsman kits, for experienced modelers. I have not instructions. I will be posting some finishing tips on my blog at a later date. So, the simple and answer is yes, the parts for the well, including enough Vac-U-Formed tile to make the roof that will need cut, would be $10.00 plus postage. Personal message me, or send me an email at nvrr49 AT yahoo DOT com if you are interested in any thing you see on my blog. Thank you for your interest.
 


I am often asked, as above, if I sell any of the items that I design and 3d print. I have set up a web blog to offer some items for sale. I do have a business set up to collect and pay taxes, Taxes being the price we pay for a civilized society. I have only listed a few items so far, but I will try to add an item or two every month. This is not a full time business, it is a hobby. The web blog is http://hurleysmrs.blogspot.com/.

As I explain on the site, I am only selling the 3d printed parts, so most if not all structures will need additional parts and pieces added to complete the project. These are intended for experienced modelers and are not toys. THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTION SUPPLIED. If you see something on my personal blog, http://nvrr49.blogspot.com, that you are interested in purchasing, and it is not listed here, just let me know and I will see if we can accommodate your request.
 


Kent,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your adventures with a 3D printer. I've thought about getting one, but I already have way too many toys, from a printing press to complete wood and metal shops, in addition to the railroad.
 
Kent great work there!

I was wondering how this 3d printer would perform in trying to print passenger cars (ie printing resolution vs flutting).
 


I was wondering how this 3d printer would perform in trying to print passenger cars (ie printing resolution vs flutting).

In a word, BAD. Not near the surface quality needed. Use Shapeways for that, either FUD or FXD. The problem is the cost and size. Their new liquid resin may work too, but I have not tried it.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top