22" radius on a 4x8?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


dan01-1.jpg


I hate to thread-jack, but, this is is almost what I am looking for in N scale!

What is the radius on those loops? 11 3/4" or one up from that?

I am looking for a roundy round with some ops while a train is running on the loop.
 
Measuring directly on the screen with a metric ruler, and then comparing it to the scale on the axes, I get about 15".

Crandell
 
Measuring directly on the screen with a metric ruler, and then comparing it to the scale on the axes, I get about 15".

Crandell


Crandell, I think you are right. I was eyeballing it. Although I can't get a good look at the "hidden track". It looks like 15" when I measure it.

15" radius in N will allow you to run almost anything!
 


I hate to thread-jack, but, this is is almost what I am looking for in N scale!

What is the radius on those loops? 11 3/4" or one up from that?

I am looking for a roundy round with some ops while a train is running on the loop.

Mmm - can't find the original, I may not have saved it. Comparing with the length or the 24" measurement "arrow", I would think about 12" radius .

But it shouldn't be too hard to stretch something like this out a little along the walls and make it a little deeper at the turn back lobes, to make it 15" radius.

That would also make the operator pit bigger.

Smile,
Stein
 
I only measured the lower loop, to be honest, and I measured the diameter running from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock since that diameter seemed to be the fullest.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top