ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
On the subject of MOW trucks, here are a few of mine. All custom built by James Steiner.
DM&E and Canadian Pacific Section Trucks
Union Pacific Section, Welder, Signal Maintainer and Material Handler Trucks. Still have to add decals to the UP trucks.
Wow, some Great looking trucks. Look real. I have some Boley trucks that I bought off Ebay last year that I should add some stuff to. I decaled all of them w/RR names.
Amazing work gents! I sold a bunch of my already finished trucks and equipment on eBay. Im shifting gears from highway maint to MOW as it leaves more to the imagination. Ive got some left overs that I'm currently outfitting at the moment, I'll post when finished.
Here's 2 of my latest and maybe last for a while. I have a few more left in various stages. These are not finished, the still need paint, weathering and some more details. Again, more blurry pics, but I can't fix that just yet.
The first is a Boley crew cab and frame with a Matchbox Aux. light truck with the Mack cab removed. The second is another Boley crew cab with an Athearn crane and flatbed body.
Also, finished these for my fathers Conrail fleet. He's gonna add hi rails to them at soem point along with some decals.
Thanks. I'm finishing up one more DOT truck and completed the details on the white flood light truck. I will post pictures before I finish for the night. I really want to replace the cab on the white one. Maybe to a 7600. It may look better and certainly more modern.