1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Has anyone got a new 2007 Norscot catalog w/price sheet yet? I got mine today. There's a whole new bunch of Cat vehicles in 1/87th, 1/50th & 1/32nd.
The catalog is in color. Nice vehicles. If U want 1, just log onto the Norscot site & fill out the catalog application & U will get it in about a week.

Larry
 
Thanks for bringing this topic up Larry. My Wal*mart has the older Malibu trucks on sale for $2 a piece.
 


Looks like the next batch of Reel rides is coming in at Wal-mart. So far the ones I found were a 1981 Cadillac Eldorado from the movie Casino and a new style Mini Cooper. There might be more out but those were the only two I noticed so far.
 
Does anyone know where I can get some 1:87 models of American cars from the 1940s era? I don't have time to go through this whole thread.. thanks
 


HO Vehicles

Our wallymart has been carrying them for a while. They are great little scenery items. The selection is limited though. As much as I like 300SL Gullwings, you can only put so many of them on the railroad without it looking silly.

I have also seen a series of Hot Wheels true scale models. Of course, they're predominantly Mustangs and Corvettes, but I did find a nice '70 GTX convertible.

I have a truck-train intermodal terminal on my road. Recently, walter brought in a bunch of truck tractors, of my preferred brands (Volvo and Scania). $4 apiece. So I'm decommissioning some of the Matchbox tractors in favor of the new ones. Hey, Kenworth makes a fine truck, but given the choice...

Now I need them to produce some modern city busses (for the multimodal commuter center) at less than $40 apiece.
 
Still no sign of the new Reel rides in my stores. I want them...


me either. but after a google search, i realized i might have seen one or two of those but didnt get them because it was something i couldnt use. but the malibu intn'ls and the hot wheels are all they have now:(.
 
Larry just received my Norscot Catalog in today's mail . thanks again for the information. looking forward to seeing what they have to offer !!!
 
Anyone get anything new? I recently got myself a New Beetle, and a NASCAR COT.

Looking for new Reel Rides, and the Malibu Mini Cooper. Also, I'm looking for a Ton release, the McDonald's truck, not sure where or when it was available, doubt it was a retail thing, but I want a few.
 
P.S. looks like we're getting a 3rd run on the Hot Wheels colors. There's a Red Hot Wheels Beetle on eBay now.
 
It's a shame some of you all didn't get the McDonalds tractor trailer when WM was selling them. They are reall a nice looking truck. Also, the Michelin trucks are based on the same chassis. WM only had 1 McD. truck for every other case of trucks. They were on a blister pack & not in the display box like some of the others. When the Matchbox line of tractors came out, WM wasn't selling them. I got all of mine at the local Dollar Tree. Now, WM is getting $3.97 for all of the new runs. Same ones I bought for a buck a piece.
All of you guys & gals that have Dollar Tree's in your area need to check them every once in a while. Mostly around the holidays, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, etc.
At the train show in Plant City this past sat. a lot of dealers were reboxing the WM vehicles & selling them for $5 & $6.00 each.

Larry
 


Larry I have a Family Dollar not more then a 1/4 mile from my house . I check it at least once a week and They never stock anything near what you are seling at yours. Must have a different supplier around here .
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top