1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Karl, good idea!!! And here I was thinking a wreck site where they needed lots of power for lights, welders etc. Either one works for me!! ;)
 
The A&P's fleet shot. Still a few details to add then a bit of weathering.

AP001-1.jpg
 


Business must be good for the A&P to afford a fleet like that!!:D

I'll say!
Those gravel loads remind me of a friend who has an old Mack dump truck with hi-rail wheels. It has a "splitter" on the back to divert the rock to the outside of the rails if needed.
(that's a hint Jerome, we'll expect to see something next week! :D)
 
OK, more Boley trucks. Got 6 of these red CFD pick-up trucks. Re-worked them and made just plain old white ones out of them. Will be for MOW service later.

0012-13.jpg
 
And finally some coal trucks. Didn't want to waste a lot of coal to fill them completely, so I made false bottoms first, then glued the coal loads in.

bdt001.jpg


dt2001.jpg


002-23.jpg
 
Those sure are some "Fine" looking Rigs. Makes me want to fix up some of my Boley trucks(in my not so easy spare time).:rolleyes::D:):p
 


So what the heck scale are they?It says 1:72 on the package.I'd want to see one next to the ATLAS Ford before would just buy one because the seller says it is HO.
 
So what the heck scale are they?It says 1:72 on the package.I'd want to see one next to the ATLAS Ford before would just buy one because the seller says it is HO.

They are much bigger then the Atlas ford. the package is correct in saying they are 1/72. I might have one of these laying around but I know I have the Atlas fords so if I find the boley I will snap a pic next to the atlas to compare them.
 
If you are looking for standard cab pickups, I would be waiting on the new River Point Station Fords which are supposedly to be in stock later this year.
 
The Riverpoint trucks are then newer body style(s) though. Not that its a big deal but these Atlas and Boley trucks are from the same style truck. Mid 90s F150.
 


Jerome
You made me do it!. You've been posting all these neat A&P trucks, and I admit, I've been jealous!:eek: I've finally broken down, and have succumbed to a modern truck to show the future of one of my roads largest customer, the Phil McCracken Concrete Company (Where 1207 will serve as plant switcher).
Yes, the Mack trucks were supposed to suit the time era better (1980's) but the slick lil International trucks are hard to resist!:D
See whatcha done!!:D;):rolleyes::eek::cool:
 

Attachments

  • PMC trucks 009a.jpg
    PMC trucks 009a.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 307




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top