You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Search results
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I'm in Northern NJ too, Cedar Grove, Let me know when we're meeting up for an ops session :) ...we don't need no stinkin Waybills and card systems...:D.
The layout is really coming together now. My favorite part is seeing the scenery come together.
J.P.
Athearn
Thanks Bob. The Athearn runs very nicely. Its pretty smooth and it'll creep along nice and steady. Its not as quiet as my Proto1000 but that thing is damn near silent. Its not loud enough to drive you nuts though. I have no experience with any Atlas locos so I can't compare, I am very...
RS-3 complete
Here are some shots of my RS all assembled.
Now if I can just figure out why it won't run I'd be all set. I ran just before I put the body shell on.
Thanks for looking
J.P.
Thanks guys. Zephyr I made sure to show the side where the stripes came out good LOL.
Almost done with the decals, heres a teaser shot.
and this, does anyone know what the little "F" stands for and where the one on the oposite side goes? The Super Scale directions only show this side and...
I thought I'd show some shots of my re-finished Athearn RS-3. It's going to be an Erie unit. I still need to do some touch ups and add the decals...obviously :rolleyes: .
It started out as this RG&W scheme. It was a very nice finish in this livery and it was a tough descision to strip it...
Great story
Nice story there. I also really like your layout. I may have missed it but what scale are you working in? I'm really frustrated by my 4X8 (oh no he dit-int) but I have little other options due to space constraints and not owning my own house to do as I please. Your layout seems to...
How likely would it be to see model As and Ts driving around in the late 40s early/mid 50s? Would it be as common as seeing 1977-1986 model vehicles driving around now?...which isn't too frequent in northern NJ anyway. My thought is it might be more frequent due to fewer choices in manufacturers...