Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Installing Signs on Buildings

    Finished building. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  2. P

    Installing Signs on Buildings

    Here's one I did with an inkjet using Microsoft word, and then decoupaged it on. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  3. P

    Mystery Steam Locomotive..

    If you look at oo gauge from the UK there are several of those saddle tank engines that look like that. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  4. P

    Beat up and graffitied boxcar

    Good work looking at your pics do the sharpie paint markers work well for this? Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  5. P

    Homemade plaster cloth

    You can also buy plaster bandages used to make casts. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  6. P

    Wire-in-tube manual turnout throws?

    I think this is what your looking for http://www.hobbyexpress.com/pushrods_connectors_393_ctg.htm Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  7. P

    Hornby

    I've been looking their Duke of Gloucester train pack. It looks pretty cool Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  8. P

    Hornby

    I have a couple of Hornby oo scale drop side wagons. Been looking at their steam locos too. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  9. P

    My first wood Kit Structure, Water Tower

    A few tips for the water color is a little goes a long way when doing the layers of color. Also you need to let each layer dry overnight or they'll just blend into one yuck of a mess. I would soak the pencil then use a small brush to get just a small amount off the end of the pencil and don't...
  10. P

    My first wood Kit Structure, Water Tower

    yes it was a process I read in RMH. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2011-05-May/weathering_colored_pencils https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWckomnpqE
  11. P

    Tips for laying ballast...

    Received my Arizona Rock and Mineral Ballast today. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  12. P

    My first wood Kit Structure, Water Tower

    Thanks Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  13. P

    Tips for laying ballast...

    I just ordered some from AZ ROCK AND MINERAL CO to try. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  14. P

    Tips for laying ballast...

    Book I have called "Detailing Track" by Mike Cougill recommends spraying it down with denatured alcohol. Then mixing 50/50 glue n water, with a couple of drops of dish soap. Then applying it with a bottle with a pointed tip. He used an old Matte medium bottle, which to me kind of looks like the...
  15. P

    This is how they really spread ballast

    Yea I think getting a chance to see these things helps with ideas on your layouts too. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  16. P

    This is how they really spread ballast

    Yea, it was about three weeks ago I was coming home from. Work at night, the engine was there sitting with its number board and markers lit up. Went back the next day to get a pic and it was gone, just the hoppers sitting there. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  17. P

    This is how they really spread ballast

    Yea I thought it was funny that they actually drove the digger up not the car with ballast in it. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  18. P

    This is how they really spread ballast

    In my town they're replacing ties and fresh ballast on the tracks. Snapped these pics today. Found them amusing. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  19. P

    My first run at this.

    Thanks for the info folks. Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
  20. P

    My first run at this.

    here it is again.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top