Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Train carrying cases?

    What I used with no problems noticed
  2. M

    Train carrying cases?

    You obviously never read the whole thread or you would understand
  3. M

    Train carrying cases?

    Its not the same foam you thinking of its different :D
  4. M

    Train carrying cases?

    I just use plastic containers everytime I take my trains to the model club and they are protected with thin pieces of foam which I can wrap around the engines etc.
  5. M

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    What I find strange sometimes is that I can find the same item twice on ebay with the same shipping yet one costs twice as much as the other. It's like they thumbsuck their international shipping costs and sometimes it covers the cost of the actual item and it's the reason why some seem so...
  6. M

    What's on your layout..

    I got Steam, Diesel and Electric engines from Europe (France (SNCF)/Germany (DB) etc.) and South African and 2 or so from USA, but will probably mostly model the SA Railways.
  7. M

    Tunnel Portals HO

    Thanks so much I may try get hold of a hot wire knife since it cuts neater :D
  8. M

    Tunnel Portals HO

    My first attempt at creating a single tunnel portal for my layout out of styrofoam xps board using a blunt knife :D Shot at 2012-08-31 Shot at 2012-08-31
  9. M

    My Trains on Club Layout

    Didn't have time to too many pictures, but will when I go on Saturday It is actually quite easy to reach all tracks from all sides and the middle part is just a road instead of a hatch, the creator forgot to add one, so atm we only use the 3 outer tracks since they easier to get to :D. These...
  10. M

    Now what?!

    Use http://img32.imageshack.us/ to upload your photos if its cause of the size
  11. M

    My Trains on Club Layout

    is a 16 feet x 16 feet room for a HO shelf Layout big enough for a double line, mountains/dam/river scene and a town or two?
  12. M

    My Trains on Club Layout

    My SAR Electric engine with SAR Carriages Steam engine and Crane in the station next to the shed with the layouts
  13. M

    Gosh N is getting smaller with age

    Only 26 and find HO engines hard to work with let alone N :D
  14. M

    Now what?!

    Are you actually using an image file like *.jpeg etc. instead of html which is a webpage?
  15. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    Cool where in SA? (I would guess Howick Dam Railway Museum, but probably wrong) we have a few old steam loco's by us here in Natal, I love steam rides. I will probably do an HO L shape just trying to find a layout which suits me, since so far none seem to interest me that I have found.
  16. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    nice looking bulldozer what scale is it? I am using HO and thinking of trying N maybe put them together in garage, still got to build the base to start it off.
  17. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    Thanks for feedback thought it was just me :D will check out the sites you mentioned I need to visit Miami when I visit USA again, only been to Boston/New York
  18. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    The attitude of the people running trainworldonline.com is disappointing and rude won't be using them again and the way they process orders is terrible compared to the local South African online sites, they threw a tantrum when my 2 SA card wouldn't work on their site. I will try the other...
  19. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    thanks will call them to be sure since their order status is a bit lacking :D
  20. M

    Best Hobby Shops on the Web

    Did my first few orders with trainworldonline.com recently and wondering when they say order status: delivery does that mean its already being sent to me?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top