ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
A
Hi Tolga. Love your track plan. I wish I had space to build a layout like that. I have to be content with small switching layouts. I'm a big fan of FEC and CSX operations in South Florida.
My last layout 'South Florida Reload' was inspired by your videos and pics of FEC local 960.
-
A
Thanks Stephen. Here are a couple of more pics of the layout.
Mal
-
A
Thanks George. I used styrene sheet painted light gray and weathered with weathering powders.
The layout measures 9ft x 15ins. Here is the track plan and a pic of U30B #5340 shoving a loaded grain car into the unloading area at the right hand end of the layout
Mal
-
A
Hi from the UK.
After building 2 Florida based small HO switching layouts, CSX Palmetto Spur and Deerfield Beach, FL which I shared on this forum some time ago, I was looking for a new location for my next project. Having enjoyed a US vacation many years ago in New England and New York State...
-
A
Thanks. The layout isn't portable
-
A
Check out more switching action in my second video of Deerfield Beach, FL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xaalX4vOk8
Enjoy,
Mal
-
A
More pics of the layout, first a pic showing Deerfield Beach in the background ;)
Second pic shows MP15AC #1173 switching Sun Sentinel
Mal
-
A
Thanks MLW. With the layout almost complete and a new camcorder purchased, I thought I'd try making a video of the layout.
As EMD diesels are featured, I thought 'La Grange' seemed appropriate music to go with the video.
Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObeaNB_w7v8&feature=plcp
Mal
-
A
Thanks for your comments.
I have no objection to the layout being copied. My intention is to show that a small layout can be easy and inexpensive to build, fun to operate in a realistic manner.
The Transflo is basically a team track,inspired by the Transflo terminal at Ft.Lauderdale, FL. The...
-
A
Thanks, here are another couple of pics showing the Transflo transloading facility at the right hand end of the layout
-
A
Another couple of pics, first shows CSX GP40-2 #6351 arriving at Deerfield Beach from the partially hidden storage track at the right end of the layout.
Operating the layout is fun and simple. Train arrives with 3 loaded cars which are exchanged for 3 empty loads spotted at the 4 spurs...
-
A
Like my previous layout, Deerfield Beach, FL is small, measuring only 9ft x 15 ins. Here is the track plan
Looking left to right we have
Publix - this is their dairy processing plant which receives plastic pellet loads from which they make plastic milk bottles for their supermarkets
Sun...
-
A
Thanks, the orange sunset sky was added using Photoshop.
-
A
Hi, some of you may recall my previous layout, CSX Palmetto Spur, which featured in this forum earlier this year.
I have now started to build a new layout which has been inspired by videos of local switching operations in South Florida. Deerfield Beach
has two industries which I thought would...
-
A
Thanks Trailrider, I use a Kadee #241 manual uncoupling tool. Coupler trips pins are also removed.
-
A
Thanks Ken, The only reason I reversed the track plan is because there is a small cut out in the baseboard, approx 6ins x 6ins, at the right hand end on the layout which is there to allow for the bedroom window curtains.
The track is painted with Humbrol Enamel dark brown (no 98 matt...
-
A
Hi,
Having recently purchased and read Lance Mindheim's excellent new book 'How to operate a Modern Era switching layout, I was inspired to produce a new video.
I've learnt a lot about US switching operations and was keen to demonstrate this in the video.
Hope you like it...
-
A
Hi, Thought I'd share a couple more pics of my new U-Boat.
regards,
Mal
-
A
Hi,
For some time I've been searching for a new loco for Palmetto. I finally decided to make my first purchase direct from the US and ordered an Atlas Gold (dcc sound fitted) CSX U30B. I like some of the older CSX paint schemes, although about 20 years early for my contemporary layout...
-
A
Thanks Ken, both locos have factory fitted sound. The Atlas GP40-2 comes with a QSI Quantum decoder. The Athearn MP15AC has a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder. Mal
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)