Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Frisco BN

    New from Baytown, TX

    Those are some sweet hoppers there. I bought four of them, but only have one put together.....and I hated every minute of doing it. You are one step ahead of me with the bench work. I hope to start the process sometime in the next couple of months. I'm figuring we have about the same area to...
  2. Frisco BN

    New from Baytown, TX

    Welcome. I haven't been here long myself, but thought I'd say hey and touch base because you are a fellow Texan. I'm out here in Katy. What scale are you modeling in? Gotta love that 70 to 80 time frame. That's what I'm doing as well with the Frisco in HO.
  3. Frisco BN

    Larry's Model RR Empire

    Thanks for the info...... I just hit one of the few hobby shops in town earlier, bought some stuff, and grabbed a flyer for a train show/swap meet at the end of April. I hadn't been in a train hobby store in over 15 years. The words "swap meet" sounds like there might be some deals possible.
  4. Frisco BN

    free rolling boxcars

    I've been using this stuff forever. http://kadee.com/htmbord/page231.htm If that don't work, then I replace the wheels, and or trucks.
  5. Frisco BN

    Larry's Model RR Empire

    Very nice...... I'm slowing building my coal train as well. I'm only up to 20 cars. I wish I could find some train shows down here in Houston TX and find some deals. I'm only aware of one and it's a big show, but it's not until fall.
  6. Frisco BN

    Forum newbie in H-Town

    Thanks...I will have some questions, no doubt. I spent the first 21 years of my life in Springfield, and now I've been in Houston TX for 24. I still make it up there at least one a year.
  7. Frisco BN

    Forum newbie in H-Town

    Thanks for the welcome....hopefully the layout will turn out the way I picture it in my head....but does that ever really happen?.....LOL.
  8. Frisco BN

    Favorite train and era ?

    I love me some MoPac, but not as much as the good ole SLSF.
  9. Frisco BN

    Loco Roster

    Nice engine!!! I'm looking to buy one of those as well, as soon as I find a deal. Here is my roster....all Athearn except where noted. Frisco SD40-2 Frisco SD45 Frisco GP50 Frisco GP40-2 Frisco SW1500 Frisco E8 Proto 2000 BN SD40-2 BN SD45 BN GP40-2 ex Frisco BN SW1500 EMD SD45 EMD GP60 UP...
  10. Frisco BN

    Forum newbie in H-Town

    Hi all..... I've been into trains most of my life and was in the hobby back in the early 90's. All of my stuff just came out of the boxes about a month and a half ago and since then, I've been buying more stuff in preparation of building a layout. I hope to start building here in the next...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top