Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. RBPhillips

    Stewart F3 Project

    Got in late to the thread, but utterly gorgeous and convincing - as if there was a real Roanoke & Western at about time Truman got re-elected ! Really captures the period feel. Bravo!
  2. RBPhillips

    The PDS&S Maintenance and Repair Railroad.

    Holy Cow ! Some scenes you could climb into. Neat interiors!
  3. RBPhillips

    The Best Locomotives

    My favorite two internal combustion are the True-Line CPA-24 (which, I guess, is similar to Proto 1000 internally) and a 5-year old Stewart F3. My only steamer is the MTH L4b, which is equally sweet and better liked by visitors. But I haven't met a modern locomotive whose running I don't...
  4. RBPhillips

    Chicago & Northwestern GP7 #4120

    Boy, those colors really sing! Just the way I remember them from.
  5. RBPhillips

    Weird New York Central equipment on the cheap

    One that doesn't stand up perfectly in the sun and one that I'm proud of....NYC had about two dozen of these heavyweight baggage-dorms that you can see all over 40s and early 50s photo retrospectives. Since no one makes one, I bashed one of those IHC "combines" into submission. Voila, thick...
  6. RBPhillips

    Thinking about building a retro layout

    ...told that I should throw my engines away because they don't meet today's standards. I don't know, most of those "supergeared" Athearn engines were pretty good runners! And they can look fine - I still have one unopened Walthers diesel dress-up kits for when I get the whim. My best...
  7. RBPhillips

    Loco's you just had to have but...

    An E6 and/or DL-109 on the 1952 New York Central. Bet a lot of people thought of that one......
  8. RBPhillips

    New NY Central guy

    Just joined this morning. From the looks of the "Showing Off" pictures, I have a ways to go. Modeling the New York Central in and near Utica NY in 1952 (year of my birth). Ambitious in a 14x11 room, I know, but we work with what we have. See "Couldn't wait" picture in Showing Off /...
  9. RBPhillips

    Weekly Photo Fun 2/26 -3/04

    Grandpa and Grandson on the NYC Mohawk Division Under Construction Couldn't wait !




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top