Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Power supplies

    Hi everyone! I am a newbie to MRR and DCC. My old layout ran on DC, and I plan my new layout to run on DCC. I have a SEBX starter set, and my dumb question is.......what power supply can I use to power the DB150? The manual says that I need one, but it does not say which one. I have an ANTRON DC...
  2. J

    layout design

    I have found that only 24" on each side of the layout won't work---my belly will get in the way...:) Ben spotted another one, #77 in the aforementioned book, that is 5' by 18'. Lots of busy stuff, needs four reversing switches, double mains, a good-sized yard, elevations, a roundhouse and a fair...
  3. J

    layout design

    In response to the above, I have to tell you I've been online and in the library for six months....in my original post, I mentioned expanding it to 7 by 12 or 13. I didn't like the access hole either, and I'd planned to make it a lake or prairie. My current layout is 6 by 16 with two mains and a...
  4. J

    layout design

    Thanks to everyone for responding! The scale is HO, era is modern (I might have one steam engine on display) and the reason I like this particular layout is because I can keep one train running on the main line--lines-- and do my switching in the yard. The doorway to the space is offset to one...
  5. J

    layout design

    A post script----the room I have has no obstructions and is completely open...:)
  6. J

    layout design

    Hi everyone, I'm the friend that Ben was talking about. I got the book, and my space is 11 feet wide and 16 feet long. The plan is number 57 on page 32 of "101 Track Plans," and calls for a platform of 7 by 10 feet. I hope to stretch it a little by going 7 by 12 or 13 feet. My width is limited...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top