ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
R
problems loading pics,will try again...
-
-
R
Atlas and Bachmann increasing prices in january ...Atlas prices always goin up.I try to buy from local shop but I tell them I use Ebay to try and find better deals.....
-
R
Recently bought a Mantua articulated logger,always wanted one.Anyway I am a little disapointed that it does not have all wheel pickups as she will not cross some of my turnout frogs....any ideas?,.......Rusty
-
R
I have used a 22 guage wire under the outside rail and had good results with a continuos smooth curve...I also used some super glue on the inside ties to keep that side down...Jere
-
R
Been wondering if any modelers super elevate some curves on their layouts.I have done this in the past and plan to on my new layout,only on a few mainline curves......
-
R
If you get caught you can always model z guage in you cell....:D
-
R
Thanks for the link on the grades...Not all my grade is in the helix,I started my grade about 10 ft. from the tunnel entrance to the helix about 25 ft. climb total,giving me close to 2% rise to total of 4 inches between tracks in helix...
-
R
I'm planing on a 30 in. radius ,I'll just keep coiling track till I get to the top.I use 1/4 in. ply,I'm planing on having the last 3 ft or so rounding the edge of the mountain with a sheer drop off and I'll put in a secret peep hole to observe conditions inside the helix from time to...
-
R
Well after 8 years I'm back...remodeled my basement and today started my benchwork for my HO empire.My first section is for my helix,track lower level starts at 42 inches and hope to have a maximum grade of 2% coming out of the helix with about a 5 inch rise and we will take it from there.When...
-
-
R
I'm from central Pennsylvania,near Reading.I have been in Model railroading for many years and built a few layouts in my basement over the years.My last layout was in HO as was the others.I dismantled my last layout about 8years ago as I had a water problem in my basement,but no more,Now I'm...
-
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)