ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
H
Anyone here have one of these on their layout?
New York Central Railroad. The image above is of the work pit of a railroad “hot box” inspector! Passenger trains, as well as freight trains coming into the station complex, had to slow sufficiently for the switching ahead. They had been running...
-
H
I can remember buying 5 gallons of gas for a dollar!
Herman
-
H
Yes the handcar one. I didn't mean to cause any confusion, but I was hesitant to post just the picture (afraid it didn't give proper credit to the owner), so I just posted the link to the page. Figured everyone would know it was the first one, being railroad related.
I found it funny - a...
-
H
http://news.yahoo.com/comics/non-sequitur-slideshow/
-
H
Well, I'm not real familiar with the genealogy of the older locomotives, but without taking them all apart, I have deduced this much.
The blue Pacific is a John A. English model. I have the original instruction sheet with it. Looks complete.
The 0-6-0 is a MDC. This is the only one with a...
-
H
Found this bunch of stuff in a thrift shop the other day. All diecast stuff except the little 0-6-0. All have motors and a couple of spares. Tested the motors and they all run.
Knowing it's all old school stuff and that the last thing I needed was more projects, I broke down and gave $100...
-
H
Years ago, I had to maintain several of the old switchers and a couple of cranes. All the GE's had a dash light like that. The covers themselves varied some but I have seen that particular one before. If I'm able to insert an image here, this is a picture I found of a GE.
Herman
-
H
There is a recessed light bulb in the loco "dash board", like a household 40 or 60 watt bulb, but usually 24 volts. The plate shown mounts over it on short stand offs, leaving a gap all around the edge. When the light is on, it radiates out through the gap all around and shines light across...
-
H
I ran a 5 x 10 layout for several years in South Louisiana with lots of track and turnouts, all brass. Had no problems and rarely cleaned it. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again. But talk about a real PITA, I built a 4x8 a couple of years ago, for the grandkids to play with, using brand new...
-
H
I bought a bunch of geared diesel axles from them for F-7 (or 9, I don't remember). About a fourth of them came with cracked gears. I called Bachman to inform them and they said they'd send replacements. About 3 weeks later, I got them. One of that bunch was cracked.
These were N Scale...
-
H
You guys are indeed correct. I was confused (age related?) with my facts and should have verified before posting.
Sorry,
Herman
-
H
Spitfires used a lot of plywood in their construction. The wings, especially were wood.
-
H
I'm planning on purchasing a sizeable quantity of MictoTrains coupler conversions online. Where's the best place to go that would be most likely to have everything I need - and of course, at the best price?
Thanks in advance.
Herman
-
H
So, where's the place to go for wheelsets? NWSL? And, who makes the truck tuner?
Herman
-
H
What way do most people go? Just buy wheelsets in bulk and put in their existing trucks or replace the entire truck?
Herman
-
H
I've got one of those in Burlington Northern. I'm scraping up some material, I'm going to make a new brass frame for it and use a pair of Atlas/Roco trucks. Probably make new wire handrails.
I'm looking forward to getting started, but probably won't be real soon.
Herman
-
H
Just today, I walked into Bachman's building here in Philly with three N Scale steam loco's that quit running long, long ago. For the three junkers and $45.00 I walked out with a brand new 4-8-4, a new 2-6-2, and a new 0-6-0. The guy put the three new ones on the track to test run them for me...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)