Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    Changing couplers to newer style

    ahhhhh...i guess the needle nose pliers i used where NOT a good idea. thx Jeff
  2. A

    Changing couplers to newer style

    Hello all, So here is my question: (note im new, so I am NOT up on all the lingo yet) I decided to upgrade my couplers to the newer style that come on all ATLAS locos and carrages/cars. So, I went looking for the upgrades and found that I had to buy the entire truck...ok fine, BUT the...
  3. A

    ATLAS DCC or KATO DCC??? N scale.

    I dont care about the sound so much as the quality vs. price. Also, there are other brands...any ideas what are good DCC trains (companies) and WHICH to stay away from OR which brands are good to upgrade from DC to DCC??? Thank you...
  4. A

    ATLAS DCC or KATO DCC??? N scale.

    Can someone sound off on what pros and cons are about dcc Locos from either Atlas or Kato? I have been looking into both and am confused and which are better or more reliable. I see that they both have Locos that come with DCC installed, which is great. I do see price differences and was...
  5. A

    Trying to get my layout going - N DCC

    Dont be sorry! That was good stuff. Hopefully it can help othres too. Is there a sticky created with all this stuff? THat might be a great idea to put all this stuff on a sticky so it can all be consolidated for people like me to see. just an idea. Thanks for all the help. That was my...
  6. A

    Trying to get my layout going - N DCC

    DP3, Thank you for taking the time and explaining all that. Funny thing is, the only part of this I get completely is the DCC concept that u are running the trains and not the track, so Im sorry you wrote all that, but maybe it will help yet some other member that doesnt get it, so good...
  7. A

    Trying to get my layout going - N DCC

    Hello all, Finally getting back to building my first layout. I have chosen an Atlas cookie cutter layout for N scale and want to do it in DCC instead of the old way. I am new to this dispite trying to get this project going for over 19 years....sad huh? Now I have kids and they want a...
  8. A

    Hello again...

    moving this to Wiring and DCC to keep it in check....Ill start a new one there. THANKS guys, you ahve been most kind.
  9. A

    Hello again...

    Thats great news. So to confirm, I need to still add the plastic rail joiners where the rev. loops are and also where I decide to use my programing track. I also need 1 rev loop controller at that one rev loop. Do i need a rev loop controller for the program track? I dont think so, but...
  10. A

    Hello again...

    can anyone tell me if I need to install all the plastic rail joiners shown in the atlas directions of the N-11018, the oposit of the common rail even for DCC layouts? My confusion is here. Do I need to make the same seperations and power blocks for DCC as in NON-DCC. from what I can...
  11. A

    Hello again...

    you know, I have really wanted to do N-109 (11018) Gulf Summit Lines, but always thought it was a bit complicated. The more I look at it, the cooler it is, and its smaller at 4x6, rather than 4x8. The wife would like the less space. I noticed that there seems to be only one reverse loop...
  12. A

    Hello again...

    - wish i could get my hands on a bigger image. Here is the layout I have selected. Is it possible to use the clear joiners exactly how the original DC layout shows and have it work for DCC? That is my question. I am working of a classic Atlas book. It is OLD. I just ordered the same book...
  13. A

    Hello again...

    Hello all. I have a huge request for all of you, but first a story; MANY moons ago, when I was a 9th grader, I met a few buddies at high school here on Long Island. So after school we all went to one of the guys houses. There in his basement (his personal war room), I saw my first N scale...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top