Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    Hello from WI!

    Welcome aboard from a fellow (would be Junior if I elected to go to college instead of throw my life away to the railroad) cheesehead. Lots of good info on here, you came to the right place! I actually just watched Edgewood's volleyball team play tonight in Oshkosh. :D Good luck! -Steve
  2. W

    weathering powders

    I've watched a few videos on YouTube where guys will use dry paint pigments as well. Has anyone used these? The results seem quite impressive!
  3. W

    Intermountain HO scale CNR SD40-2w

    I should have looked at it closer when I was there. A damn shame they have botched it so far... I was really looking forward to this model... :( -Steve
  4. W

    GEVO's & ACe/DCe's

    According to Trainfest 09... Obviously we have MTH with the ACe/M-2 locomotives currently out... As far as the ES44 units, Intermountain is coming out with them fairly soon and Kato had a technical data sheet there for theirs as well. The Intermountain are around $175 for DCC/DC but no sound...
  5. W

    Norfolk Southern ? again

    Well custom or not... Kato's run beautifully and sure can handle quite a few cars on the drawbar... I'd pay $70 for a Kato any day. ;) -Steve
  6. W

    Reporting Marks with X at the end

    That would have been nice but its now the Canadian National... :(
  7. W

    My First Attempt at Weathering a Locomotive!

    Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm not satisfied with it. The more I look at it the more flaws I find. By next week I will have another pic for you guys! Thanks again! -Steve
  8. W

    My First Attempt at Weathering a Locomotive!

    Well... I bought my buddies airbrush and all the goodies that go with it a month or so back and finally got the balls to use it on a locomotive. Not one of my WC or CN units but a throwback Atlas NS GP38 I picked up for 35 bucks at a train show. I tried to follow photos but I didn't want to...
  9. W

    Model Railroad Clubs in Wisconsin

    Well, there you have it. I was just going on what I was told by a few people so I guess they we not completely up on their facts. I apologize if I offended you, I did not mean to cause any harm. You guys do have a great layout and hopefully someday I will be able to come check it out. As...
  10. W

    Model Railroad Clubs in Wisconsin

    NAPM - North American Prototype Modelers is probably what you're thinking about. I belong to a club in Ripon which is a bit of a haul from Kenosha but about 15 minutes to the west of Oshkosh. We are always open for visitors with a little heads up! :p Best part is... only $5 a month! :D...
  11. W

    Weekly Photo Fun 5-22/5-28

    Nice shots everyone. I like that backdrop a lot! @Jerome --- WC SW1500s = :eek: -Steve
  12. W

    SD70M radius

    Last night I was running my Genesis IC SD70 through my clubs layout no problem. It went through #4 switches and around some tight curves flawlessly. I want to say they are about 20" at one point. Sure it looked a little goofy but no problems. Come to think of it, I didn't have a single...
  13. W

    Cylindrical Hoppers, have they gone away

    They are still out in force. No worries there! :D
  14. W

    Container Yard

    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this as I did not read the whole thread but the air purifier skyscrapers are awesome! :D The pig yard doesn't look all that bad either... ;)
  15. W

    Athearn switches to SoundTraxx Tsunami!!!!

    I'm not that impressed with sound decoders but the Tsunami is defiantly starting to make me think about it a little more. I may just have to buy the WC F45 with sound this time around. Thanks for sharing! Steve
  16. W

    Alternative to scenic cement

    Yeah. Use the same method while working with the ground foam. Good luck!
  17. W

    Alternative to scenic cement

    Assuming it's ground foam and ballast a simple 50/50 white glue and water will suffice... Don't forget to "wet" everything first with "wet" water. (water with a drop or two of dish soap) Steve
  18. W

    The BOeC

    Fantastic looking layout. I'm looking forward to seeing more shots as they come! :)
  19. W

    Engine Roster Thread

    Here is my roster for the time being. I ultimately plan on modeling the WC/CN transition between 2000 and 2002. Athearn Genesis IC SD70 #1015 CN SD70I #5607 Athearn RTR CN C44-9W #2660 Atlas WC SD35 #2500 Proto 2000 WC SD45 #6588 Walthers Trainline WC GP9 #1503 WSOR GP9...
  20. W

    Rust?

    Here is one method of doing it. He used somewhat larger areas of flaking and rusting but I don't see why you just couldn't do smaller area's the same way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wHGUuVFwA Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing your results! Good luck, Steve




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top