ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
E
Hi, I have two reversing loops on my layout, one is a mainline track the other is a turntable track. If that was the end of the story...it would be simple. My problem is that I'm using three cabs (A, B & C). A & B control the loop and A & C control the turntable track. I'm using two atlas...
-
E
Thanks..the more I think about this problem the more I think that's where I'm headed. Putting the switches on a separate ground will be the most difficult but it's not the end of the world. thanks.
-
E
Thanks Rico, that might be my plan when I get home tonight. Remove all the wires except the variable dc and see if a train runs. The reason i conected all of the terminals together is because I'm using a common bus around the entire layout and thought all the grounds (for rail, switches...
-
E
OK, so I've built a couple of layouts before, but many years ago so I think I'm losing my mind. I just finished wiring my new N scale layout and I'm getting overload indicators on all three cabs. I want to troubleshoot this with the most basic of questions. First, I ran a common, bare copper...
-
E
Thanks, that's a good point about the bus. How do you anchor this stuff? Glue?
-
E
Thanks for that, very helpful...Wow, they still make track out of steel??? :eek:
-
E
Hi, I'm contemplating building an HO layout suspended from the ceiling around the wall of my basement family room. You know, the kind that's 1 track wide siting on a narrow shelf near the ceiling and goes around the whole room? I've had a few layouts, mainly N gauge, using the standard Atlas...
-
E
I'm about to start making some trees for my N scale layout. I went out and bought various sizes of Woodland Scenics armatures and I've watched and read many many articles and videos on making them. One thing still escapes me...they NEVER mention the type of woodland scenics foliage to put on...
-
E
No, these don't have the directional power. Yes, my option is to hook power up to both sides of the switch. I think it's a better option than rippng them out and disturbing the whole layout. I guess my soldering skills will improve greatly.
-
E
Both...I hooked all of the up to power before I put them on the layout and a few didn't work so i weeded them out and then tried them manually. They are free moving but don't conduct the track power through the rails. I think you misunderstood, the switch motors work just fine, it's the rails...
-
E
Thanks, yeah, that's what I was looking at doing. I was worried that a wire would bind the movement of the points though. I did try spraying contact cleaner in there and I also tried a drop of rail zip, neither worked on any of the switches. I was just curious if this is a common problem.
-
E
I'm building a pretty substantial layout using about 30 atlas switches. Most of them are old, taken from a layout I built in the 90's. All of the switches worked fine back then. The problem I'm having is with the rails not conducting electricity. I'm testing for continuity across the points and...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)