Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    Ceiling layout

    I read up on them. It seems to have a fully manual switch that's flipped via the caboose is actually quite difficult in the tuning of it. And I'd think that over time it would need more fiddling. I came across a Reed switch setup that might work better. Though a Reed operated switch seems like...
  2. C

    Ceiling layout

    That's good news. I read that they were good quality. I'm not familiar with the caboose ground throw.
  3. C

    Ceiling layout

    26" on the inner and about 30" on the otter edge. I'm going to run the turn at 28" and then fan it out to probably closer to 30" at the straight transition. Getting the corners in so I can get the in between measurements. This tunnel was initially for a 2 way track, but I changed it to a...
  4. IMG_20241023_144550.jpg

    IMG_20241023_144550.jpg

  5. IMG_20241024_111619.jpg

    IMG_20241024_111619.jpg

  6. IMG_20241022_103401.jpg

    IMG_20241022_103401.jpg

  7. IMG_20241022_132312.jpg

    IMG_20241022_132312.jpg

  8. C

    Ceiling layout

    Hey all, First post here. I'm putting up a track on the ceiling that's running a full loop in one room, going through the wall and a full loop into the other room. About 100ft of track in all and 2 wyes. The levelness is all within about 0.10 degrees around the whole shabang. I used peco...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top