Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. vr6Dad

    No more "Extreme Trains"?

    I'm home with a newborn right now and I got to catch 3 episodes during that mini-marathon. I also got to watch the episode last night on the Empire Builder. Sorry if I rehash anything, but I'm not giong through 4 pages. These 4 episodes are the only ones I've seen, and I was very happily...
  2. vr6Dad

    Mismatched locos?

    Very informative question and posts. Thanks to all. :)
  3. vr6Dad

    What gague for wall mount?

    Brian, I'm in the same boat as you, but will make my shelf layout lower - about shoulder height for me. I'm flip flopping over N-HO right now. I would think at 7feet, you'll need something big to even be able to see & enjoy it. But that's just my opinion. :)
  4. vr6Dad

    Constructing a new board for layout

    Thanks SpaceMouse! SpaceMouse, I want to publicly thank you for that post. You have helped me tremendously, as I am in the OP's position, but I'm planning and planning and planning to avoid as many problems as possible. Your link(s) are a tremendous help to anyone getting into (or back into)...
  5. vr6Dad

    Weekend Photo Fun 1-02/1-05

    I really like the UP 1121. Nice patchwork. :cool:
  6. vr6Dad

    In-ko-pah RR - New digital camera pics

    Great photos! Ray, those pictures are awesome. I'd hate to see what you can do when you finally figure out how to use the camera! :D
  7. vr6Dad

    Wall/ceiling tracks

    68 Camaro, Please keep us updated on your layout progress. It's almost exactly what I'm looking toward, and it looks great so far. So any tips, tricks, things to avoid would help at least one other modeler out. :)
  8. vr6Dad

    Do you ever feel like

    I know exactly how you feel F1. My choice to model is the short line Tennessee Southern Railroad, which had several former Conrail GE B23-7's. The last I saw, they still had them sitting in their office yard. Now they have some newly rebuilt GP-10's. So I definitely have my work cut out for...
  9. vr6Dad

    Where do you purchase mostly?

    Hi all, I've been lurking a few days and this is my first post. :) I'm very fortunate living in Nashville that I have 3 good railroad-focused shops within no more than 30 minutes' drive. Aardvarks has been around forever and Southbound Trains in Franklin opened a few years ago. I recently...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top