Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Railink Decals

    I was wondering if there are any companies that produce decals for Railink diesels (the blue and white ones, i.e. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1249244) in HO scale. Any info would be appreciated. Peter.
  2. P

    Sw1200?

    Does anyone (athearn, atlas, or other) make an HO SW1200? I think athearn might have made one several years ago, but am not sure if it actually was an SW1200 or something like an SW8. I'm looking for a locomotive to use as a starting point for modelling a CN SW1200RS, so it's mostly the...
  3. P

    Weekend Photo Fun 2-13/2-16

    Finally had some time to photograph my latest project, painting an Atlas undec GP38 for Railtex colours (red/grey). It was my first major paint job, and for the most-part, it turned out pretty good (except for almost melting the waterbased paint off with a lacquer-based flat coat!). Here are...
  4. P

    Kaslo shell, overland mechanism

    I've acquired an overland SD60 mechanism (which i still have to figure out how to paint) that i plan to outfit with a Kaslo Products SD60F shell. Has anyone else tried this combination, or have any tips? From what i understand, the way that you mount the shell to the mechanism is pretty vague...
  5. P

    simulating oil streaks on locos

    I've noticed on some older locomotives that oil streaks form in the hinges of doors or where hood sections join together (similar to http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1249244). I'd like to simulate this weathering with paint (airbrushed) on some of my HO locos, but have never...
  6. P

    Locomotive Display Cases.

    I know this might not help, but my Dad get cases for his models at a local plastics and acrylics place (Hamilton, ON) (I think they're main business is in lexan windos for hockey arenas, and similar applications of clear plastic). They're about $25-30, but if he orders 6 or more, they only...
  7. P

    Backyard Cars

    Who was there first: the homeowner or the railroad? If you don't want to live near train tracks, don't buy a house near train tracks!:D
  8. P

    mid train helpers and pushers...

    This really shouldn't even be a problem, bbut make sure the helpers are set up to got in the same direction as the lead locomotives. The only reason i'm saying this, is because BC Rail had a major derailment a number of years ago involving helpers. It was eventually proved that the when the...
  9. P

    CN SD60F shell

    Has anyone ever modelled a CN SD60F with a Kaslo Shops shell? I'm considering purchasing one of these shells, but i have a couple questions: 1. Should i use a proto 2000 or Athearn RTR donor? 2. Having never actually handled a Kaslo shell, I'm not familiar with their quality/detail level. Any...
  10. P

    RailAmerica paint

    Hmm, not quite sure what happened with the SD60F post - meant for that to be a separate post.:confused:
  11. P

    RailAmerica paint

    Does anyone model any RailAmerica Locomotives? I'm interested in doing the red/grey/blue scheme, but i'm not sure which paints to use (i.e. http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=175046&nseq=2). I'd be interested to see what anyone else has used. Thanks, Peter.
  12. P

    Diesel ditch lights

    Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum, so this will be my first post. I'm interested to see if anyone has installed ditch lights on modern HO scale diesel locomotives. I know there was an article about this in the newest MR, but i want to see if anyone has done this on non-Athearn locomotives...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top