Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    enough room for locos?

    I have a tiny fleet really. only 5 locos, but, it's also not a huge layout. Just an N scale on a door. I can easily have all 5 running at once though. You do have to pay attention as they are sharing 2 mainlines. It's nice for the kids though, when one train is on the backside of the oval...
  2. C

    Wpf 4/11-13/08

    Well, a few more shots of the progress so far.
  3. C

    Ballasting track

    I too prefer alcohol. I've noticed that it softens up the glues I've used some, but, never to the extent that I'm worried about something coming up.
  4. C

    Ballasting track

    I don't really know the specifics about the glue you used. It should be at least resistant to water once it's cured, but, I can't make that guarantee for you.You're best bet might be to make a test piece on a scrap piece of wood or foam. Make 6" to a foot of exactly what you are doing on your...
  5. C

    DPM Kits N scale

    I like them a lot. I've used them exclusively for my downtown (The gray building, the start of Wonka's factory (not to sclale) is a Walther's as well as the Fuel depot) on my current layout project. They are fairly easy to build, but, be sure to check square. You're just butting up flat surfaces...
  6. C

    Weekend Fun!!!! 28-29-30 March

    2 shots of a section I just finished on the layout this past weekend.
  7. C

    Weekend Photo Fun March 14-16 2008

    Finally got them updloaded somewhere. Sorry for the late entry. Wonka's factory is coming along (Not to scale - why is the smoke stack above the door? Because that's where my daughter thought it should be, lol.) A lot of finishing touches left for it. With a hurt back, it gave me some time to...
  8. C

    Feb 29th Leapyear weekend photo fun

    I've got a good start on things. This is basically a layout so my kids,2 & 4, (girls) can watch trains run. And use a handheld to control them themselves. I think it works pretty good for that. I had to put it on a door because sooner than later, we'll be moving. Instead of doing a tear up, I'll...
  9. C

    what kind of compressor

    Are you a homeowner? Do you forsee needing a compressor for other projects around the house? If this is the case, then definitely go for a decent compressor. A good pancake or other small model will do you well. When I was in college, I did some airbrushing and in a dorm room, a giant compressor...
  10. C

    Weekend photo Fun 18 19 20 January 2008

    I doubt that's the only problem they'd find.
  11. C

    Weekend photo Fun 18 19 20 January 2008

    It's been a while since I've worked on a MRR. This was my first real build, about 12 years ago, when I lived in a small apt. I gave it to a friend a few years ago, for him and his son to enjoy and since I had daughters. Well, wouldn't you know it. They want trains now too. Darn, looks like I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top