Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Looking at DCC for future use

    Derek, With your primary interest in sound locos, you may want to consider that the Zephyr only has functions F0-F8 without adding additional handheld throttles. Depending on what sound deocoder you get you may want more functions. The NCE Power Cab provides F0-F28. Also, you may be...
  2. J

    Bachmann, NCE, Digitrax

    Mike, The Digitrax Zephyr will allow you to run one non-DCC loco at a time. Not sure about Dynamis but NCE and MRC will not allow any DC loco operation. I'm not too fond of Infra-red systems (like Dynamis). I tried it with Digitrax and was not too happy with it. You won't have any...
  3. J

    Does anyone use Atlas Master Commander DCC?

    Atlas has the manual on their website: http://www.atlasrr.com/DCC/Commandermanual1.pdf Jerry
  4. J

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    Unfortunately I think geekiness is more often than not a negative reference to someone or something. Here is one definition that I found: geek  Slang. –noun 1. a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp. one who is perceived to be overly intellectual. 2. a computer expert or...
  5. J

    Mrc wireless dcc -need some help

    Mabe you could be a little more specific on exactly what you are having trouble with. Also, you can get help specific to MRC on the MRC Yahoo Group site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MRC-DCC/
  6. J

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    That's correct but in my case I already had installed Lenz LS150 stationary decoders because they were less expensive. Now I wish I had gone with the DS64s to start with. But the more I use turnout control with the Zephyr I'm not sure I need to even go to route control as the Digitrax method...
  7. J

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    While MRC is not the primary topic here the Prodigy Express has been mentioned a few times. Having had some MRC experience I would strongly recommend considering spending just a few more dollars and getting the NCE Power Cab or Digitrax Zephyr instead, or maybe a little more money and get the...
  8. J

    NCE Power Pro or Digitrax Super Chief??

    Just got around to reading this thread. I'm totally amazed at some of the comments. I guess that just shows how different we all are, and that's probably a good thing. I'm currently running two different systems with the idea of eventually deciding which to go with permanently. I have the...
  9. J

    Dh165a0

    George, I buy all of my DCC stuff at http://www.litchfieldstation.com/lobby/index.htm 623-298-7355 There are very nice people, have technical support for any questions, good prices, free shipping over $70, and if in stock they always ship the next day. Jerry
  10. J

    Dh165a0

    I have several DH165AOs and Soundbugs and like them a lot. The 165's are easy to fit in a lot of different locos, the front and rear light outputs are already regulated for using LEDs without resistors, and of course you just plug in the Soundbugs when you want to add sound. Programming is...
  11. J

    Prodigy Advance Squared for sale

    Mike: I'm asking $180 total for both items, including UPS shipping in the U.S. Here is what I paid for them: #1414 Prodigy Advance Squared DCC (PA2) system: $199.89 #1501 Extension plate (plug in station) $26.95 My total cost = $226.84 I was going to use this as a...
  12. J

    Prodigy Advance Squared for sale

    I have a Prodigy Advance Squared DCC system for sale. It's MRC part number 1414. Please email me if interested. Jerry [email protected]
  13. J

    MRC dcc prod. advanced question

    No, you can't run DC on Prodigy Advance. Jerry
  14. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    I want to add one more thing on this thread. Even though I am an MRC Wireless user the last thing I want to do is try to talk someone into MRC. What's good for me may not be good for you. There are five very good U.S. DCC systems available to us and they all have some excellent features...
  15. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    I hope this helps. Jerry
  16. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    Here are some comparisons between Power Cab and Prodigy Express. If the answer is in bold type then IMO it has the edge in that category. This is for those who are just comparing these two basic starter systems with the only upgrades being the addition of one more cab. Power: PC 1.7 amps -...
  17. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    When considering small starter sets it's good to consider upgrade possibilities as many people are eventually going to want to upgrade. It's almost always more economical to start with a more powerful, full-featured system if one's budget allows. Here is a look at costs for upgrading the...
  18. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    The newer Power Cab Version 1.28b has only a small difference. With 1.28 if you're runnning two trains and then call up a 3rd loco by entering the new loco number and pressing the Enter key then one of the other two locos will stop and all function go off. With 1.28b the previously running...
  19. J

    Prodigy Express Question

    $130 is really a good price for the Power Cab. Is it new? Is it the latest version, or at least Version 1.28? They have a slightly newer version 1.23b which has been shipping from NCE since about December. If you never plan to expand beyond the Power Cab, plus just one extra throttle, then...
  20. J

    Lenz Set 100

    Yes you do need to add a power supply (transformer). You cannot run trains without this. This is not included in the Lenz set. The Lenz manual states the following: To power your LZV100 you will need a transformer that delivers between 14 and 16V AC under load for H0 and smaller scales...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top