Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Greenville and Northern

    Was wondering if anyone is modeling the Greenville & Northern? With the railroad gone now for some time there is a lack of overhead shots that could be used to design a short layout and I have all of the magazine articles about the railroad though none show details about sidings and how the...
  2. B

    GE 70 Tonner

    I am thinking about purchasing a GE 70 Tonner to paint up as Greenville and Northern but being out of HO for 4 years so lacking on knowledge of HO scale version of this engine. I see the Bachmanns have issues with the plastics gears and such but many of the postings I have found are several...
  3. B

    2 Rail Rundown

    Cool, nice to know there is someone else in the neighborhood. We will have to get together sometime. Michael
  4. B

    2 Rail Rundown

    Robert, I myself am a convert to O scale 2 rail. I switched over in April from HO scale/Proto:87. In the beginning I really wanted to go Proto48 but the idea of making my own turnouts or even handlaying track was a little daunting. I had not even got that far in Proto:87 although I had...
  5. B

    Bachmann HO Scale F unit coupler issue

    Hello all, A friend of mine at work has a boss who apparently is a big Oakland Raider's fan. Enough of one to own a Bachmann Oakland Raiders train. My friend asked me to fix the engine as a part was broken on the back. So I looked at the F unit and the clip that holds the coupler on is...
  6. B

    2 ft x 12 ft shelf layout

    Hello all, I am looking to build a 2 ft by 12 ft shelf layout. I am looking something that is prototypical with some operations. I have searched via google as well as other sites and it seems that I dont find much other than the what the Brits have come up with. Are there any websites...
  7. B

    LBF 50' ACF Boxcar

    Is the HO Scale LBF 50' ACF Boxcar truly prototypical? How about what railroads had this car? Thanks
  8. B

    What's in your wallet^W roster?

    My stuff Here is what I have: 1 Atlas GP40 Milwaukee Road 1 Intermountain FP7 Milwaukee Road 2 Stewart Hobbies VO-1000 chassis's for 2 Cary Locomotive Works H10-44 shells. Have one shell on and waiting to find another one. Both will be Milw Road 2 Cary Locomotive Works H15-44...
  9. B

    Removing lettering on P2K hoppers

    small foam/brush/cotton tip thingies Tom, any particular brand name for those small foam/brush/cotton tip thingies you got? I tried the q-tips on four cars today and it was pretty hard to try to keep the q-tip on the lettering only. I did wear one all the way through the paint, oops...
  10. B

    Removing lettering on P2K hoppers

    Hello all, I would like to remove most of the lettering on my P2K NAHX high side covered hoppers. Any suggestions? I don't want to remove the paint as I want the cars to be grey. thanks Michael
  11. B

    New Model Manufacturer New PS 4740

    My bad, I thought I had taken a pic of each side. Just posted a view that shows the brake lines.
  12. B

    New Model Manufacturer New PS 4740

    Tangent Scale Models I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay over the last couple of weeks to collect up enough money to buy a 12 pack of Milwaukee Road 4740. Paid for them on Saturday the 25th and the cars showed up in my mail on the 30th. They are extremely nice. I have posted some pictures in the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top