ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
T
Opened!
Well I managed to get the shell off last night. I was hoping to re-route the light bulb further up in the cab to illuminate the front lights... no luck. It also looks to be short of a nightmare if I want to convert to DCC. Anyone converted one of these? I find the Athearn site has...
-
T
Thanks for the welcome!
Cool! thanks guys! I'll stick with the Celron handrails. I'll need to touch them up a bit with some glue as they have come loose in a few places.
I'm already plotting the addition of more engines. Any advice for my next engine purchase? I am interested in UP, BNSF, GN...
-
T
The engine came in a starter set, so there weren't any diagrams included. I'll check at Athearn's website.
The rails are extremely brittle and flimsy. I was under the impression that the metal wire rails were more accurate to the prototypes?
I've spent the last month lurking on this board...
-
T
Hi all!
I just started my addiction to this hobby. I bought a Athearn starter set, which lets me have something to run for the kids while I build my layout and collect more engines and running stock. my question now is this:
I got a GP38-2, which has plastic hand rails. Is there s kit out...
-
T
product code 168
Product code 168 looks to be code 100 from Atlas.
HTH
-G
-
T
clarification
I am not saying this is mine. Only that I wish I could convince my wife that:
a) 50k is not a waste on this
and
b) that it could fit in our yard
Although he modified the daylights out of the interior, I think its still really cool to have as a rec room/train room.
-
T
For those who really want the ultimate train room:
caboose
Might be hard to move... I'm still trying to sway the wife we could have it in the back yard :D ;)
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)