Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    track soldering questions

    Do you solder all track joints? If not, where and why not? Also, is there any concern about melting the plastic ties? I am getting ready to glue down track and wanted to do it properly. Thanks
  2. W

    When to lay track in tunnel?

    What ???? :confused:
  3. W

    When to lay track in tunnel?

    I am in the process of building up the terrain of my layout. Does anyone have any pointers on when to lay the track in the tunnel? My tunnel in about 12" long. Also, I am using Atlas 55 track. The track in the tunnel is 10" radius. If you lay it before completing the tunnel, do you also do...
  4. W

    Caboose ground throws and Atlas 55 turnout

    How do you compensate for differnce in travel of ground throw and turnout movement?
  5. W

    Turnout wiring

    Bachmann 0-6-0
  6. W

    Turnout wiring

    I am looking for input on power thru the turnout. On the turnout there is a lug for wiring the frog. I want to use manual ground throws for the turnouts. With dc power, if I power the frog, won't that create a short? If I don't power the frog, will I be able to move the loco thru the turnout?
  7. W

    Turnout wiring

    This is probaly an old question. But, I am building a small layout with a single loco. I am not using dcc setup. Just the old fashioned power pack. I would appreciate any thoughts on how to wire my turnouts. I will be using atlas 55 turnouts. Thanks... Eric
  8. W

    Sculpting road bed

    Curious, no response?
  9. W

    Sculpting road bed

    I am working on my first layout and am sculpting everything out of blue foam. I was wondering if anyone has ever sculpted thier roadbed right in the blue foam or what anyone's thoughts might be. Thanks...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top